Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
picksbigwagon

Just got back from the range

went to golf zone in chaska tonight. My back is definately feeling it right now, but my drives were 50-50......I still have my slice when I take my backswing back too far on my driver, but I would say 75% would have stayed in the neighborhood of the fairway I was playing. I still think too much, but I got past telling myself to keep my right elbow tucked in.......I really hate hitting off the mats with my irons, but all I was looking for was finding my tempo again. 6 weeks to Hawaii......

I can't wait to have the sore back from swinging a club early in the season! Ones' swing usually isn't pretty at first! grin, but you have a jump start on it! Hopefully we can get started in a couple more weeks!

Theres still ice on the lakes! Cant be thinking about golf my other redicoulous sport i waste tons of my money on!

Why wait till there the ice is off the lake? Since the snow has melted we have been golfing everytime we have been out tip up fishing. I justbought 185 balls of the big e store. You really dont lose that many balls and your drives double in distance.

By its size I could not guess....

the awesome strength it does possess....

But since I fell beneath it's spell....

I've wandered through the fires of [PoorWordUsage]..

My life has not been quite the same....

Since I chose to play this stupid game....

It rules my mind for hours on end...

A fortune it has made me spend....

It has made me swear and yell and cry....

I hate myself and want to die....

It promises a thing called par....

If I can hit straight and far ....

To master such a tiny ball....

should not be very hard at all ...

But my desires the ball refuses....

and does exactly like it chooses....

It hooks and slices, dribbles and dies....

and even disappears before my eyes....

Often it will take a whim....

to hit a tree or take a swim....

With miles of grass on which to land....

it finds a tiny patch of sand....

Then has me offering up my soul....

if only it would find the hole....

It's made me whimper like a pup....

and swear that I will give it up....

And take a drink to ease my sorrow....

but the ball knows..... I'll be back tomorrow!!!!

Okay, hit the range again tonight and was hitting the driver really well, because I wasn't over swinging. the guy next to us was talking with us and he encouraged me to "turn on one" so I took my full swing, and he starts talking about how I need a stiffer shaft on my driver, since the clubhead flexed noticeably when I started my down swing.....Now I am thinking maybe I need to get a different shaft on my driver. The flexing would explain why when I full swing I end up slicing the ball since my club face never comes around square. I have stiff shaft currently on my driver, I think I need to go to the golf shop and start swinging something with an extra stiff shaft......

am I correct with this assumption?

Quote:
Okay, hit the range again tonight and was hitting the driver really well, because I wasn't over swinging

Why change anything if you were hitting it sweet? Anytime some one really lets it all out they're going to slice it (unless you're on the tour of course). I don't know what your swing speed is but I don't think a tour stiff shaft is the answer. Keep your swing under control, take your 230 - 250 yard drives down the middle and be happy with it. smile

I'll add my two cents.

being club fitted will definitely help with the deviation in your ball flight. However just because you slice the ball it is not only because you have a weak shaft in your driver. Probably more of a swing flaw. but the shaft will show characteristics of the ball flight.

if the shaft is too weak for your swing it will not unload correctly. so a stiffer shaft will help with the unloading. a stiffer shaft will also help reduce the height of the ball flight. So if you hit high right shots it might help in looking at a stiffer or heavier shaft.

also make sure you look and see what your club head speed is. It will tell you what flex you need.

if you want to ask me directly about clubfitting or swing flaws shoot me an e-mail: [YouNeedAuthorization]@[YouNeedAuthorization].com

if you guys have never seen your swing on video or had a lesson and was interested shoot me an e-mail also. i'll give you guys a free swing diagnosis.

my swing speed was 103 mph and that was with a standard length stiff shaft. I am 6'7" so I need an extra inch added to my driver. The thing is, my old steel stiff driver flexed way more than my graphite stiff fairway wood....I hit the 3 wood pretty straight and accurate too.

I am just getting warmed up right now, counting down the days to Hawaii......Maui to be exact, OKSTATE, have you ever golfed in Maui? If so, any recommendations? Don't worry, I will take pictures of the golf course, and point out exactly where in the ocean my hits went.........

Haven't made it to hawaii yet. But it is on my list. That's pretty good swing speed. you are defintiley a stiff to extra stiff shaft guy.

with your height you definitley need to be club fitted to get the correct length and lie. if your interested shoot me an e-mail an we can talk about it.

not for drivers. i was refering to your irons. im glad you are working with someone on your golf swing. we need another set of eyes to see what is going on. smile

have fun in hawaii!

the best part is I have 10 days to relax in the sun. I hate to fly so I will need a little chemical alterations as we fly. Thank goodness we are in first class and those alterations are complimentary........

With a 103 ss (driver I assume), you shouldn't need an x-stiff. You should get by with a stiff up close to 110. However, there are a dozen other variables that go into what kind of shaft you need. How you load the club, transition from the top, tempo, etc are just some of them. It could also be that the extra length has affected your swingweight, reducing the shaft stiffness. Getting fit, especially if you need extra length is the way to go. They should check your launch angle, spin rates, etc and figure all of that out.

Thanks for everyones help, I picked up my driver today.....it is not going back to the store, I will figure it all out. I have been fitted before, my golf pro has helped me getting my current set where it needs to be. My new driver will be very acceptable. less whip in the club shaft will help me get the club face square at contact instead of taking a 3/4 swing. I am trying to get to one swing speed and tempo (as a general rule). Not trying to guess what the right point is to keep the driver from flexing on the turn is something that I don't need to worry about.

I feel I got a good deal on my purchase, length has been added to the club already and it is glowing in the basement right now. Waiting for a trip to the range or the flight to Hawaii.

I bought a Callaway FT-i tour (9.5 degree neutral) driver with a Matrix xcon 6 stiff shaft. Midsize grips and 1" added to the club. For 200 bucks new, I think it was a heck of a deal, the only problem I have now is how do I get the sticker residue off the club shaft..........

No slice last night with the new driver. I am now trying to figure out the best heighth of the ball on the Tee. The only minor issue came when I would hit the mat with the club before contacting the ball which would result in a hook. That is my fault and getting used to a new club. But I did not slice the ball one time last night.....I am pumped, 12 more days of work until Maui

a good height for the golf ball with a driver is to be able to see at least half of the golf ball when looking at it from behind. or just look down at say that is right.