Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassProAddict

Best BASS weighing scale

10 posts in this topic

Kind of an odd boring topic but maybe we'll all get valuable inputs here. We all have our mini tourneys and club days. We all need reliable and accurate weighing scales digital or otherwise. There's a multitude of choices and some go a bit on the pricey side.

What do you use? Do you wish you hadn't purchased that? If so, in favor of what instead?

I ussually go with the judge. lol, I have used the berkely and liked it, but make sure it doesn't get wet.

I'm not usually a berkly fan, but I have the berkley scale, the one that remember weights and colors up to 10 fish i think. I have gone to the scale and been within an ounce more than once.. and I have put fish in my livewell and weighed them hours later to have them within a 1/4 oz.. For $30 you cant go wrong... In my opinon.

Are you interested in weighing in the boat or at shore for the official weigh in. In the boat I am a Berkley fan, accurate enough for me and the price is right. Have friends that swear by the X-Tool system but that is a little spendy for not much better results. On shore weigh in, our league uses a digital scale that was designed for weighing packages, it is water proof. Not sure where it was bought.

For in the boat to me I am just trying to get an idea which fish weighs more than the other so I do use a berkley scale and it does the trick. For a weigh in on shore I think the most important thing is that you all always use the same scale. So if one guy weighs a fish that is 4.5 pounds and the scale says 4 pounds thats OK as long as the next guys 5 pounder weighs 4.5 pounds. Does that make sense?

Balance beam is a must if you want to judge which fish is bigger of the two. A lot quicker as well.

zep-to be honest, I dont even know.. They are a very good company. My reasons are probably very selfish. Most if not all of my Sponsors are in compitition with Pure Fishing(berk). So , again, My reasons are selfish.. They are a very good company.