Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cjoeker2

Woe!!!!! Hot 4 wheeler!!!!!

15 posts in this topic

Ok, I'm not an Arctic Cat fan..... But has any one else seen that new Thundercat 950 4 wheeler..... What a beast lots of power 950..... Gotta go with the biggest.... I gotta say I'm impressed!!!! Stepped it up..... What do you think..... Reply please..... Thanks.....

i had a thundercat last summer didnt like it so i sold it

it was great in the mud but was out of control on the trails

it was great to turn the big mud tires

Too big.

Unless your mudding or maybe running tracks it's too much. I beleive it also has to stay on class 2 utv trails.

it is a sweet machine but doesnt have the trail manners of a 700 or smaller

great for the soo line though

It is too big, I rode one and the power is awesome! But, the machine is too small to handle that much power, just asking for driveterrain problems!! It was fun to ride though!!! wink

The T-Cat has a built in system to prevent drivetrain wear. It's called a Spike Load Dampener Rear differential.

By definition, anything with a motor larger than 800cc is supposed to be registered as an OHV and wouldn't be allowed on either Class 1 or Class 2 ATVs trails.

Wow!!! That's really retarded!!!! Who comes up with this [PoorWordUsage]??? A 4 wheeler is a 4 wheeler.......

950 T-cat?

I thought they had the 1000 T-cat Must not of sold alot....so i guess who knows how this one will go.??

Does it have Power steering??

No power steering on the T-Cat. They call it a 1000, but the dispalcement is really 951cc.

The current laws that are in place were established when the biggest machine was 700cc. Now we have Polaris and Arctic cat who have surpassed that mark and possibly Yamaha with their announcement. I think that was supposed to come out today.

HMMMMMM. Gotta go check.

the announcement has been delayed by Yamaha. Guess we'll have to wait and see if there will be a bear worthy enough to chase the big cat out of the woods.

No power steering on the T-Cat. They call it a 1000, but the dispalcement is really 951cc.

The current laws that are in place were established when the biggest machine was 700cc. Now we have Polaris and Arctic cat who have surpassed that mark and possibly Yamaha with their announcement. I think that was supposed to come out today.

HMMMMMM. Gotta go check.

So wheres my 800 can am fit in???

I believe they have maybe changed the way their displacement reads on the MSO to 799.9 cc. I have read in the past when you caluculate it out, the Can Am 800's are actually slightly over 800cc.

All of the Can Ams that I have seen are registered as a Class 1.

That's what I'm talking about! Yamaha,Honda, or Suzuki could easily use several engines to put in a wheeler, but will they?