• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

home made, flip style hut tow bar help.

robert1965

I have a home made pvc one with rope through two tubes, with clevice on front of V and clips on back of the ends. It works better than rope, but after using it lots last weekend, I am going to get a real tow bar. I have a reall otter on another sled and it works MUCH better turning, tracking and braking than the pvc one. But it does work okay. When driving a snomo behind it, you can really see how it slides around much more than the real rigid bar, and both sleds have hyfax runners under them.

I think if I had a brace on the back of the pvc tube ends - tying them together - it would be better, but I decided to just get the real one for my second sled after this season.

I took the handle off a old lawn mower, put 2 eye bolts on the fish sled. Used the wide end that use to hook up to the lawn mower, drilled a few holes. Put a rod through it, and a big door latch bolted on the other end to hook up on the sled hitch, and a waaay ya go! Works great! wink

one 10ft 3/4" pipe cut in half and hitch coupler on one end pins on the other end. Total cost was the coupler $12 the rest I had lying around.IMG_0001_1.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

I use a bunjy cord to keep pipe pins from popping out of holes works great.

Ones imagination can go a long way.

I realy like leech's idea.

Thanks croix! Your's look well built too! Wish I had a welder! frown Good pix, on the inside support, important part you need on these sleds I forgot to say anything about! eyebjim, nice drawing idea is about the same on all of them.