• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Range Hood - Internal or External?

311Hemi

Looking to buy a range hood as I am trying to finish my kitchen project that I started two years ago. Looking to buy a Fridgeidair range hood to match the appliances and I see their are recirculating or external vent hoods.

I am leaning towards the recirculating because it has a hood light where the external vent does not. I was told the recirculating might clear a smokey room a little faster but the filter will dirty faster also. I was also told the external vent can create a pressure change in the house like when you walk in doors....but I don't know how much merit that holds.

Any recommendations on which may be better? Should I look fora different brand and try to get the external vent and light.

For energy ya'd want the recirculating,Filters then need to be cleaned or replaced often.

The vented will keep odors & smoke out better,but then your pumpin your heat out also.

I have recirulating and dont like it! the filters are close to worthless in a short time.

Buy a external if you wont to clear the air of any cooking partialities.

Buy a recirculating if you just wont to thin it out. Range hoods only take out

haff of the grease and recirculate the rest.

DISCLAIMER: i am in no way an expert, at anyting. anything i say is my own opinion and/or observation, and should never be regarded as fact, unless otherwise stated.

I have a vented out unit and it drives me crazy when it is windy as the damper flops and clicks in the wind, other than that it is great and does well at preventing the smoke alarm going off when that pizza drips toppings down and slokes up.