• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 Ford Fusion - opinions?

Right now my newest car is over 8 years old with 159,000 miles, and all 3 of them are needing some sort of repairs, (fluids leaking from various places and funny noises at times).

So I'm thinking about replacing one of my vehicles, actually the newest one, a 2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 3.2 V6, with a new Ford Fusion. Probably the 4 cylinder, SE version. Does anyone have any opinions or experience with this or a similar vehicle?

This car will be my primary commuter vehicle, 55 miles/day, as well as the everyday errand runner and weekend vehicle when I don't need to tow a trailer.

Thanks.

I recently switched from GM over to Ford. Have had a few small issues on both of them, mostly trim related. Service from the Ford dealer is incredible. Seems like they have a little more latitude than GM on warranty issues. Had GMs for a lot of years. A leading consumer magazine rates the Fusion highly. And it's an American company that refused to take a gubment handout!

Thanks for the opinions, keep them coming. Good point about the dealer support. I would be looking at a dealership in the NW metro.

It's tough to beat the financing that they are offering now, (0% up to 5 years), but I'm still a bit hesitant to take on another payment the way things are right now.

My wife has the V6 Fusion AWD SE and likes it. The only reason she doesn't really like it is that she's partial to GM. Even with that I still married her. wink Anyway I really like the car. The only complaint is that vision out the back window is somewhat limited due to how high the trunk lid is. The only time that becomes any kind of an issue is backing up close to something. The trunk is huge btw. Lots of room for whatever you need to haul. As far as fuel milage, on the open road the car gets over 27 mpg. In town back and forth to work through rush hour it gets 19mpg. A 4 cyl without AWD you should do even better.

My inlaws have a 2010 Fusion. The transmission dropped on it as they were about to leave on a long trip. It was under warranty, but it's a little nerve racking because we had discussed purchasing it from them in two years.

Hopefully the transmission problem isn't happening too often to other owners. They haven't had any rear window visibility issues, but I guess I will have to get behind the wheel and see for myself since I've got a little taller frame than them.

My inlaws have a 2010 Fusion. The transmission dropped on it as they were about to leave on a long trip. It was under warranty, but it's a little nerve racking because we had discussed purchasing it from them in two years.

Hopefully the transmission problem isn't happening too often to other owners. They haven't had any rear window visibility issues, but I guess I will have to get behind the wheel and see for myself since I've got a little taller frame than them.

Rest assured, this isn't a common thing with the Fusion, although I cant speak much for the 2010, but in the previous few years it hasn't been an issue!