Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
jake23

team wild portable

i was wondering if anybody can give me some feed back on a team wild portable ice house. i finally am going to buy my own portable and was wondering if they are a nice starter house. i have been looking at them in the store and see that they are a lot cheaper than most, this worries me on quality and durability. any reviews on them would help greatly

I do not see how one could go wrong with these shacks. The price is great, it had Otter quality and they look cool.

I have not used my Team Wild Shack yet, but very soon!

I would buy one wink

Team Wild Info, Click here!

I've been looking at them too. They look like they have all the right stuff and the quality for the price is impressive. Am I missing something?

i don't know if the bench seat is plus or minus, but it comes with a travel cover and molded hitch mounts, plus they seem to sell around $350 - $400

I own one, and enjoy it very much. I have the three man. My son and I use it everywhere we go. The only thing that I am going to change on it is switch the bench seat out with swivel seats, and "pimp my porty" on the inside of the sled. Set up on these is very simple. I made a hitch for it to hook to my wheeler. We did pull it out by hand on first ice, and it pulls alright. I would recomend putting heavy plastic runners on the bottom of it. After I did that, it pulled very easy. For the money, you can't go wrong. One other important fact: When two people are sitting on the bench, and the one on the opposite side of the hitch gets up, the house tends to tip if the front of the sled is not braced(snow,2x4,etc.).

I have owned many portable houses and the one thing I can recommend is do alot of checking around. I have bought and sold houses just to find another that is better. If money is not too much of an issue there are alot of quality houses (ie Fish Trap X2, Otter Lodge, Frabill Predator). For the money the Wild looks decent. I've also found that portables will only be as dependable as you care for them. Buy the cover and hyfax to protect your sled and tent. I see so many guys that are driving down the road with the tent whipping in the wind or others that use slush to bank there house. They then try to sell the house with torn sewing or tents with chip holes in them. I'm assuming that if your are willing to ask around about quality you will be one that takes care of his equipment.

I bought one last year and love it.I got the one man and the set up size is a little larger than other one man portables plus they come with a cover very roomy.Cant go wrong with any thing made by otter just compare the quality of the sleds of all the others and you will see the differance.good luck in your choice

At the ice show, I talked to the Otter guy about them because I didn't know a thing. He told me that Otter makes the Wild version to compete price-wise with the offerings of other manufacturers. The regular Otters are pricey, but kind of like the Cadillac of ice houses. Wild are probably like buying a good Honda in that it will work for most but you'll notice differences.

Side-by-side, I could tell that the Wild versions were more flimsy than the regular Otters. For me this meant that a regular Otter will hold up better in the wind. I think that the Otter rep told me that they both use the 900 denier canvas - but someone can correct me. The poles on the inside don't have the smooth plastic fittings, so it's metal sliding on metal.

To me it's a question of whether or not you want to pay for the quality of a Cadillac or if you are fine with sitting in a Honda. For your situation, I'd stick with the Honda until you "know" that you want a Cadillac.

I think that the Otter rep told me that they both use the 900 denier canvas - but someone can correct me.

Ok, I will. wink The Team Wild series uses 600-denier canvas. And, I believe the sled holds a one year warranty.

Bought one last year, used it a dozen times. Otter quality, it is light and the canvas is better than most models. Great tent whether a beginner or expert. The bench seat is comfortable also.

I'd wait. I saw one last year selling at $250 after X-mas. Sitting inside, you can see light through the seems of the tent, but the construction (tubing, hinges, poles)seems better than similarly priced models, in my opinion. I think it's a value at that price.

Very good houses for the price. The tubs, support poles and windows are very nice. One thing about that series is the orange top really lets the light shine in. If your not a sight fishing a lot its a great house for the money.

I use the canvas craft northlander, with the plywood floor and i put in carpet. The only thing i wonder about with these flip over portables is, do they come with a floor? I dont want my feet on the ice when im fishing, or have the ice exposed to the inside of the house. Like to be nice and cozy fishin. Will definatley buy another when the time comes, But iv'e had this house for many years. Very good quality. I see now that canvas craft makes the insulated version now. And yes, it weighs about 85 pounds and you have to make or buy runners for it, but thats why there are 4-wheelers. If you make the runners correctly, it's not hard to pull.