• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cleaning auger carb

bmc2b

well if u can get it running,drain some gas out,id say down to about 1/4 tank then put some SEA-FOAM in the gas tank,however much is recommened or a little more,and start it up and let it run for a bit and see if it helps,else ur gunna have to take it apart,sea foam is the shize.....as ppl around here call it "mechanic-in-a-can" haha best of luck!!!

how much "new gas" have you run through it? It may take a few runs to get fresh gas through it. The sea foam may help, but Ill also agree you probably need to pull it off to clean it. its not all that complicated though.

I always forget to drain/run my Jiffy dry in the spring. But I run Sea-Foam in the gas mixture. I've never had carb or diaphragm issues and my auger is 13 years old. Sea-foam is highly recommended by the mechanic how worked on my auger twice.

I have an old Mag 2000 head with a lazer bit and hadn't run it since last year when I just threw it in the corner after LOTW. I went out to start it this year and it wouldn't start in about 20 pulls. No biggie, I pulled the plug, removed the gas tank and line, and took the side plates off the carb. Sprayed some Sea Foam Deep Creep in there, cycled the piston a few times without the plug to get the cylinder walls cleaned of carbon, and blasted some into the carb. I also sprayed some in the fuel line to clean the garbage out of there. Put it back together, put some new gas in it and it fired on 1/2 a pull. Same plug from two years ago too. Sea Foam Deep Creep or Knocker Loose will get them things running like nobody's business.