• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Has anyone tried the Strikemaster bibs?

Iceboy

They were blowing these out at the Ice Show for $75 tops $75 bibs. They are NOT insulated and definitely nothing like Arctic Armor except the color. They are a nice cheap (at least at show) pair or "Gore-Tex like" outerware. They are nice but I think you can find a better deal on windproof waterproof outerware at most places that sell clothing.

Ferny.

the strikemaster suit is every bit as warm as the AA suit....I have personally wore both and even the vexilar suit out on red lake in the wind ice fishing and for warmth there is no diff. they all keep you dry...the diff in the suits is basically AA floats and has a padded butt.... the vexi and strikemaster suits are exactly the same just different looks...

I think you can still get the suits online for $200. Nowhere near the cost of AA at $340.

I do not under stand this? grin

No where near the cost? confused

If we where talking $75 for one and $340.00 for the other, I would might almost agree with you. If you drop $200 on a suit (like said above), verses $340 for AA, you are better off spending the extra $140 for a great suit that floats smile.

I just looked and for this suit (bibs and jacket) it is $279.95, not $200.

Quote:
get an ice chisel for $20

What, do they make one that floats now grin

All I am saying is it would be like buying a ticket on a cruise liner, where they offer two priced tickets. One price ticket, gives you just the same as the other, but no privileges to the life boats if the ship sinks, for a saving of $60.00. Sure, nothing might not ever happen during the cruise and you save $60.00 and get the same trip.

How many would pay the extra $60.00 confused?

It is your money guys and just be safe no matter what you do!

Good luck!

I got my suit for $120 so I know you can find them cheaper.....for me I could afford $120 and I could not afford $300 so I went with what I could afford.......If I used shacks way of thinking I would be alot safer in life but I would be broke!!!

I bought a pair of the ice armour blues at the show for $170 and have used them 5x now. They are great IMO. The grey suit seemed a little bulky for me though.

I should also note that the only reason that I didn't buy the AA suit is if I was going to spend that kind of $, I wanted the camo suit and didn't like the material on the camo. It seemed way too easy to snag.

I bought the Strikemaster parka last winter for $84, couldn't afford the bibs at that time and I was on the ice Thursday when it was -5 and I was toasty warm most of the day. I rode out on an atv and even that was warm, I like the jacket and am just using a cheap pair of bibs right now. My only complaint is I look like a red and black Michelin man. Can I blame Strikemaster for that? laugh

Someone told me the Vex bibs are not waterproof- true?

They only claim to be wind & water resistant. I own a set and have never had a problem with leaks kneeling in puddles. I've never used it in heavy rain so don't know how well it works as a rain suit. Should be fine in light rain.

Very happy with mine, great value - by the way, saw the jackets at Gander on sale for $75 (no bibs though).