• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vex FL-18 & FL-20 Inference Issues

UGUIDE

Question

My wife and I fish side by side out of a Fish Trap Yukon and we each have a flasher but often get interference on screen between units. I have tried everything to cancel interference but to no avail.

I am thinking I need to switch one to a Marcum or some other great idea. Any help would be appreciated.

12 answers to this question

You should be able to tune out the interference between two units. Start with one unit and work the IR until that unit gets cleaned up. Then do the 2nd unit. It shouldn't really matter which unit you start with, but if it doesn't work out as well as you'd like then do the 2nd unit first, then the first unit.

If you're going to switch one out for something, consider a camera. That way there's no chance of interference.

Sorry, the vex replaced the camera. Much happier with 2 flashers. My wife and I were always fighting over it:)

You should be able to tune out the interference between two units. Start with one unit and work the IR until that unit gets cleaned up. Then do the 2nd unit. It shouldn't really matter which unit you start with, but if it doesn't work out as well as you'd like then do the 2nd unit first, then the first unit.

Thanks guys I'll try this stuff and give Vex a call too. We will try it out up at Flag Island LOW next week and see if we can't make it work.

If you are in the same hut, I would fish with one unit. And with walleye fishing your baits are large enough to show up whether the ducer is in your hole or not. I use just one in my hut when there is 2 of us fishing. Never have a problem seeing both jigs.

If you are in the same hut, I would fish with one unit. And with walleye fishing your baits are large enough to show up whether the ducer is in your hole or not. I use just one in my hut when there is 2 of us fishing. Never have a problem seeing both jigs.

How do you know who's jig the fish is responding to?

Uguide, Unless you are fishing deeper water(30+) feet, and over rock.. You should be able to make the interfierance go away enough to have it be usable. Try raising or lowering your tranceducers. as well as hitting the IR buttons , and turning the gain down. 2 units should play nice.!

I have found that I get less interference from other flashers (doesn't matter the brand) when I make sure the bottom of the transducer is below the bottom of the hole.

What you are probably getting is less interference off the bottom of the ice, not from other flashers. Or at least a combination of both.

Thanks for the tips and hints. I call Vex and they gave a couple suggestions:

1. Only hit IR on one unit

2. Make sure iceducers are cleaning and power of units and lock in autozoom

3. Try not to use in Low power mode (LP)

4. I may have a 19 degree iceducer so i could get another 12 and separate ice ducers from each otheer as much as possible.