Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott Stein

1999 Polaris SuperSport 550

9 posts in this topic

so i have a 99 supersport and last yr once in a great while id notice the headlight would go dim and then come back to bright...well didnt think nothin of it and today i was ridin the other sled and my g/f had mine and i noticed the headlight was dim and when we stopped she said her hands were gettin cold....and sure enough the hand grips were cold! i shut it off and started again and then the ACC light was on and so was the headlight but after 2 mins when the grips were gettin warm the ACC and headlight went dim and i waited and the grips got cold....i talked to the guy who services my sled and said it could be the ground so i checked and its tight,my buddies mom has the same sled and he said she had the same problem and replaced the heat grip/headlight control on the left handle bar side and this fixed it....but said just that piece was over $300 if i remember right!!!! dont wanna spend that much but if i must i guess i will....any other suggestions? i am guessin a loose wire but where do i check? thanks for any help

Same thing on my 97 SS. Help??

wave im bringin mine to the guy who services my sled ill let ya know what the verdict is smile

Check your connections to everything, sounds like one is loose, or one gets too hot and shuts itself off

Not too hot as mine seems to do it right away when cold and then eventually kicks in. Scott, I apprecieate whatever information you can get for me.

Thanks.

Scott,

Hey, did you figure out what your problem was. I'm not sure.

Once again I start the sled, dim lights all around (front, back, dash) and after about 10 minutes or so of running they are fine and stay that way until I shut down??

Voltage Regulator. Mine did the same thing. I changed it out a couple of weeks ago and the problem is gone. A 15 dollar repair!

Same here, mine was a little squire with one wire coming off it and it was mounted right below the choke and tool box on the inside of the hood. Everything worked after replacing it.