• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Blue book of gun values?

reddog

Does anyone have access to this book or know an accurate online source for gun values other than the auction sites?

Looking for a price for a Beretta 686 White Onxy in the DU edition, previously owned, but NIB.

TIA

R

From my experience, Blue Book values aren't usually very accurate. You can use them to get a good idea of what you can expect as a trade in, but not so much the guns worth. I used to have a blue book of gun values but tossed it after all the guns had such low values. Take it to a dealer and see what its worth, otherwise, like you said, check out the auction sites, they will give you a good idea of its value. Sorry, couldn't be of more help.

Dealers usually go by the bluebook when giving gun values.

Auction sites are ridiculously high on their gun prices.

Find a 686 on the shelf somewhere and that's what your gun is worth. The DU edition rarely increases the value.

The bluebook is worth the money and is very accurate. Also, it will give you value based on condition of the gun as well. It will generally give you the msrp also. Msrp is usually quite high compared to what the gun will actually sell for on the shelf.

Koonie, which book of gun values do you use? I wouldn't mind getting another one, and maybe it was accurate for certain guns, but I have an affection for old stevens, j.c Higgens, and savage guns. Not the most wanted of all guns,blue book on those was always like $25, but I have never seen a working firearm sell that cheap before. Maybe it gets better with the Winchesters, Remingtons, and Berettas, the more mainstream firearms.

Much like everything else nowadays, as soon as you drive it (take it)off the show room floor it drops in value. Most blue book values have a new and used value (high or Low). Even if you win a gun or boat or car or truck in a raffel and its band new you still rarely are able to re sell it fo its new price. Its the sales pitch that gets you that NEW price. Its really a shame how a brand new gun can be worth $1000.00 on the day you buy it and $750.00 the day after.This is of course just an example but Thats just the game I guess. It sucks but thats just the way it goes. I bought a boat this last summer and the bank said it was not a good deal based on the book value but I have been shopping for a boat for 3 years and I feel I got a good fair price. Its all in your judgement on how much you feel your gun is worth,and how bad you want (need) to sell it.

96 trigger

The blue book by Kjelstad(sp?). Always seems close to what people are willing buy or sell used guns for.

The amount of research and work that guy put into the book is unbelievable. I can see where some prices may be out of line a bit but I think overall it is a very good source.

Ryan

What kind of shape is the gun in? Which stock does it have?

Well, This story took a strange turn of events for me.

I was walking out the door of the office Wed afternoon, to drive the 90 miles, pick up some badly needed items for a contractor and buy the gun. I had the cash in hand and I was gonna spend it.

As I was heading out the door, I got phone call that the item that I was also going to pick up, wasn't going to be ready until Thursday after dinner.

Shortly after that, a guy that did some work for me this fall came in with an invoice for a little change over a grand, so I gave him the better portion of the gun money I had been so ready to spend. 15 minutes later, a plumber came in with another invoice from some fall work, and I shucked out another 160 out of the gun fund. Well, the gun is just going to have to wait, I guess.

I was bummed, to say the least.

Today, my wife calls me from Sioux Falls, and asks if there is anything that I needed from there, as she was going to have some free time between appointments.

I jokingly said to stop at Scheels and pick up that shotgun Ive been saving for. I was stunned, when she asked, "which one", because I was sure she would just blow it off as joke.

I told her, that I did not want her to buy it, but only check to see if it was still there, so I could decide whether to try to scrounge up enough jingle to make the trip again . I told her to call me when she got there, and I would direct her to the gun by description.

She called and I told her where to look, and it was gone.. A sales associate asked her if he could help her, and she asked about the Beretta OU. He said it went out the door this week, but he had two other White Onxy 686 20 ga (non DU models) that he would show her.

She got home tonight and proudly proclaimed "Merry Christmas honey".

I about peed myself.

Then, she asked if I was going to South Dakota hunting this weekend?

Ahh, Yea, I guess I could go, but..... you remember, I'm going next weekend also.

Yep, thats fine.

As god as my witness, this happened to me tonight.

Been married 33 years in Feb. Shes a good girl!

Jmann,

That was my intention, had I bought it on Wed. wink

This worked out so much better.

Gonna take a little to get used to it, as it is so much lighter and faster on the swing that I found myself overswinging.

I took my nephew to a Jr wrestling tournament Friday night, and didnt get home till after 9:30. Left for SD and got to Mitchell about midnight. Had breakfast and hit the sack about 1:30

Had a nice hunt in nice weather on Saturday.

The dogs wanted out at about 2:30 last night, and while doing that, I noticed that they had closed a large portion of I90 at Chamberlain, (Where I was staying) west. It was still 10 degrees, and hadnt started snowing yet, so I picked up my stuff and came home, opting not to get stranded out there. I had the blizzard on my tail, the whole way home. Too bad I had to burn a 5 day license, for one day, but thats the way it goes some time.