• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

You don't need a passport for Americans to go to Canada and there is no talk of changing that regulation .

You will need a passport to go to America soon !

You should rephrase your question !

I am sure there soon will be, the start date is the only question. The border crossing officers this fall said it was due sometime near the February/March.

If they dropped it completely..Kewl...but I don't think they did.

What was slated is you need either the full blue book passport, or the new card good for the Mexican border, Canada, and the Caribbean. The Card is all that is required for drive in...blue book for all fly in's, I thought I seen on the US Gov web site.

The implementation date was all that was up in the air last I seen.

Copied from the other passport topic.

From travel.state.gov

ALL PERSONS traveling by air outside of the United States are required to present a passport or other valid travel document to enter or re-enter the United States.

LAND AND SEA TRAVEL

The following summarizes information available on the Department of Homeland Security’s HSOforum.

* CURRENTLY:

U.S. citizens need to present either (a) a passport, passport card (scheduled to be in full production beginning in July 2008), or WHTI-compliant document; or (B) a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, along with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate.

* LATER:

On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government will implement the full requirements of the land and sea phase of WHTI. The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport, passport card, or WHTI-compliant document.