• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar Battery Problem

smeese

SO I got anxious and charged up my new vexilar the other day, it has the battery life indicator, which went up to complete the first time I charged it. So whatever, a day went by with the vex sitting in a bucket in my portch (pretty cold) went to turn it on and it was completely dead. Blamed this on the cold and charged it again, this time it would go up to 100 percent when charging, but never lit up "completely charged" SO i unplugged it and left it inside. Next day down to 40% battery life. Whats up with my Vex? Does it need a new new battery? Thanks for your input. Steve How long do these batteries normally last while being used?

Cold does kill battires. I keep my marcum and battery inside all the time, only goes outside when in use. I've had it for 4 yrs and the battery is still in perfect shape, i can go about 3-1/2 days of solid use before it goes dead...I'd buy a new battery if i were you..

I brought it into gander where I got it and they said it was a display unit so it may be worn out. I exchanged it (which they were fine with) for the FL-20 My wife will not be happy with me for a couple days. Whats another 125?

Vex's new normally come with 9amp batteries instead of the 7amp others due. Definitely not battery expert, but it is my understanding they will last longer on a single charge.

If is recommended that you recharge batteries after each use.

I wish I had a FL-20. Yup sounds like all you needed was a new battery.

I just had an overhaul done to my FL-18. Get this I ran over it with my boat trailer and cracked the front and rear case, but it still worked! I had them check it out and replace the case and some parts. It's like new now and Vex said it will last another 6-8 yrs.

I agreed that the battery was the problem, but since the FL8-SE was a old display model from last year I decided to go with the new look and really wanted the dual beam tranducer so this was my only option in stock. I really sat and debated about the hummingbird, but since I do have the snake light and a couple other features that I could not return I stuck with the Vex for hopefully the long haul. The 9 amp battery is a good thing too as it will last longer then the 7 that was in the last option.

Likely was a shot battery...but upgrading to the FL-20 was a great choice.

You will love it.

Charge it up after each use, or as quickly as you can.The 9 amp that came with it will last you years if well maintained. Be sure to do maintenance charges when it sits idle for more than a month..keep it healthy.

A very Good choice!

I was told that you should charge a vex battery after each use because if you don't the battery can develope a memory and not charge to the actual 100%. Not sure if it's true or not but i charge mine this way and have not had a problem.

I was told that you should charge a vex battery after each use because if you don't the battery can develope a memory and not charge to the actual 100%. Not sure if it's true or not but i charge mine this way and have not had a problem.

This charging practice should be recommended for any of the gell cell batteries, not just Vexilar.