• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grizzly 660 Battery

Dozer

The Grizzly needs a new battery. I put one in from Fleet Farm 3 years ago and its totally shot now. Went to start it today after its been sitting for 2 weeks and it wouldnt start. Who makes a good battery and where can I get it?

there is only one brand that I would look at.....Odyssey (SP?)

I'm speaking strictly on experience. Any battery that can stand up the the abuse dished out in a DS 650 is well worth the extra money spent.

It'll cost you more from the start, but well worth the money.

I can't remember if it's a sealed battery? ATV batteries don't typically last that long IMO. I have the original in my 2005 Kingquad and I'am expecting to replace it anytime. Most years I got out of a battery is 4.Odessy (spelled wrong) is a good battery from what I've heard, although might have to be modified to fit in some wheelers?

Just replaced mine in my 05 KingQuad, Old one wasnt totaly shot yet but with ice fishing comming up I didnt want problems. Went online to JC Witney.Its a BikeMaster Platinum sealed Battery. It was $150.00 on sale for $99.99. Sent to my house free in 4 days. Biggest for my wheeler they have. Parked outside last night at 14 above. Started like a champ.

what year is your grizz? I have a 02 grizz, and its still on the original battery. I use it plenty. if you start it up, let it run for a little while, so the machine has time to re-charge the battery. you may have something draining your battery.

I can't remember if it's a sealed battery? ATV batteries don't typically last that long IMO. I have the original in my 2005 Kingquad and I'am expecting to replace it anytime. Most years I got out of a battery is 4.Odessy (spelled wrong) is a good battery from what I've heard, although might have to be modified to fit in some wheelers?

The metal bracket that held the battery in place in my DS did need a little tweak to hold it in place.

all i know is that they are expensive. i changed the one in the 03 and it was around $80. but there's no pulling that over! smile

The only thing that pull starter is good for is "helping" when the battery is almost dead! There is no way you are going to pull start it, especially with my 11-1 pistion! blush