• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 King of the Cats Discussion

DTro

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get the camo one I will have lots of trouble....can't hear my clicker, can't see my hat.

They're all fine, I don't care one way or the other.

Domain name is secured. Darren, let's get together this weekend and get a mockup of something, maybe unveil the site next week sometime at least in beta format.

If we get the camo one I will have lots of trouble....can't hear my clicker, can't see my hat.

They're all fine, I don't care one way or the other.

I'm gonna guess that the hat has no relevance as to what you can see or hear..... and I'm in the same boat....

Just make sure to keep the keys in the pocket and pull all the anchors and the rest will take care of its self.... smile

Oh wait was that a league nite???!!!... Hic! UP!

This is gonna be a good season!

Quote:
I like the Safety Yellow ones. Stands out at night. Plus I could wear it to work.....

running around with your RP, or trailin' with your snowmobile grin

I need all the visibility I can get.....so that someone can find stuck on a tree with either the sled or the boat!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Hanson
Now the question is, if a KOTC logo'd thong WAS the mandatory control item, would you still wear it?

Wonderfull... I can just see it now on the news at 10.. Multiple Samsquatch sitings reported in the MN river valley tonight. Please lock your children indoors when it gets dark out. grin

For you Die Hards:

KOTCControlItem2.jpg

KOTCControlItem1.jpg

I like the towel idea. I love to have a towel with, but forget it most times. This would be a great reason to bring on with.

Good idea Dtro smile

LOL!

I did already suggest the KOTC Thong back on Pg 4 of this thread. wink

Ya, I put your quote up on the top of the post grin along with papa's.

The hat was and is a cool idea. For me it would take a couple image shots with fish to make sure the logo of the hat was clearly displayed in the image. You had to pretty much where your hat like a farmer and have your chin down, depending on way the image was taken.

I liked the towel idea also because one could clench it in their mouth like the paper control item. Just make sure and keep one corner clean grin. Also the low cost factor (I assume it would be cheaper, but do not know) sounds good.

I say it is what ever Dtro would like to do. I thought I remember a thread from last year where the hat deal cost’ed Darren some major "out of his pocket" ching last year. I vote for Darren not having this issue again this year wink , no matter what the control item. The micro fiber hand towel sound like less of a hassle to ship then a hat wink and I seen Dtro brought it up, hint hint hint smile

eeew, that's just wrong shack, you can do better than that:

1232.jpg

I might wear one of the ones I put up, but you would never catch me in that Darren grin

You know I thought of putting one up like that grin I figure I would let the mods do it grin

Not being much of a hat guy, I'd personally like to see is something a little different. Glove, towel, can coozie (promotes beverage drinking), TShirt (thou you guys that fish everyday.. yuck). I think a hat every 3-4 years would be fine, but personally I'd rather not need to get one every year. Just my opinion. I'll go with whatever the group and leaders decide.

I think a poll/vote might be in store thou for fairness.

You have a good point Tyler, being a hat guy myself I forget about the others.

To keep things simple for myself I'll probably just stick with the hats unless there is a huge dissent. I think they worked good last year.

While it's fun to put the logo on this or that, we need to think about how that will get itself into to the picture in an efficient way.

Here's what I recommend for anyone who doesn't want a hat, or doesn't like the hat we go with. You can call up to FastTrack Products in Brooklyn Park and get the logo put on anything you like. There is no limit to what is acceptable. As long as the logo is in the picture, it's fine. Heck i think they might even stitch it into a piece of clothing you already own.

A simple computer printout on paper works fine too.

Originally Posted By: dtro
eeew, that's just wrong shack, you can do better than that:

1232.jpg

I might wear one of the ones I put up, but you would never catch me in that Darren grin

You know I thought of putting one up like that grin I figure I would let the mods do it grin

I'm pretty sure I saw Ralph Wiggum over at another site wearing something like this a while back...

Oh I guess they wren't exactly the same:

1222384973_604153576405_0_alb.jpg

I'm gonna guess that the hat has no relevance as to what you can see or hear..... and I'm in the same boat....

Just make sure to keep the keys in the pocket and pull all the anchors and the rest will take care of its self.... smile

I agree, the number of jagbombs might have more of an impact than the color of the hat.

Still can't believe those keys didn't go in the drink. All I gotta say is at least I remembered the rear anchor....that day anyway. smile

Originally Posted By: LFC

I agree, the number of jagbombs might have more of an impact than the color of the hat.

Still can't believe those keys didn't go in the drink. All I gotta say is at least I remembered the rear anchor....that day anyway. smile

Nuh hu.... I'm pretty sure if we consult Captain Shamu I thought that was the night that the anchor took a chunk out of the prop and then got kicked into the boat it torqued the light post....

Either way it was a fun night...

Alright guys I have some preliminary numbers. The camo hat is a few dollars more than the hat last year, so it kind of ate any savings from not having to digitize the logo this year.

To defray those costs and in exchange for adding "hotspotoutdoors.com" to the bottom of the KOTC logo, Rick has agreed to pay the full cost for the first dozen hats. What that means to all of us is that it will significantly reduce our cost. If we do 2 dozen hats it will be half price. To make it fair for everyone, I will be posting a start time and stop time to take orders. At that point, I will determine the final cost based on the kick in from Rick/HSO. Any hats ordered after the deadline will be at the full cost and not guaranteed as they need to be ordered in dozens.

I'd like to thank Rick for working with me to get a clean looking hat yet still being able to use the KOTC logo.

Remember, everyone will still have the option of printing the standard KOTC logo in lieu of the hat.

As a rough estimate, with 24 hats, the cost per hat would be about $12 (not including any optional costs of personalization or shipping).

Here's a rough draft at we are looking at:

image002.jpg

I guess we will be going with hats then grin

A big thanks Rick! smile

Rick is a true cat guy! This shows Rick has a soft side for us cat guys wink :

2006Photo13.jpg

Any chance Rick will sign up in the KOTC this year whistle

Originally Posted By: aanderud
Originally Posted By: LFC

Nuh hu.... I'm pretty sure if we consult Captain Shamu I thought that was the night that the anchor took a chunk out of the prop and then got kicked into the boat it torqued the light post....

Either way it was a fun night...

No, the anchor that got left in the water only to come flying out later was the front one, captain's duty. I was in charge of rear anchor that night.