• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

P-line vs Gamma?

Cast Master

That's where I looked. There wasn't much of a selection. I did stop by the bargain cave and picked up a slightly blemished Stradic 6000. I felt kind of stupid walking around the store with the sawed off handle. Got home, took it apart, cleaned out the exess greased and it seems to work in perfect order.

Okay, so I went all the way back to Bela's in Rogers and they had only 3 spools of 2# Gamma left. One of which had been opened.

So now that I've got 2# Gamma ESP and 2# P-line Flourice the difference are that Gamms is softer and more limp at room temp. I've already had the P-line on a spool so I went to unspool it and check for line memory. Just like your typical floro coated line, memory coils. Good thing about P-line is it is more limp than other floro coated lines.

That's the real beauty of the Gamma Polar Ice ESP, it is flexible in the cold.

Pure 100% fluorocarbon does not play well in the cold, just too densely made. Makes reasonable leeder material but you get better fluidity of lure action with the ESP.

Ed,

Is the Gamma Ice and Pline ice going to be available at GM?

I was in the local store and they told me that it was not available this year.

Spent a weekend searching all over Rochester for Gamma ESP and struck out at GM, FF and [PoorWordUsage]'s. Finally just ordered some online at the Gamma HSOforum. I believe the price was 4.95-5.95 for a 110 yd spool plus s/k.

Not a too bad and it saves me a trip to Owatonna Cabela's.

just another option....

Redbeard5289