Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snatcher20

Armistice Day Storm- November 11, 1940

7 posts in this topic

Yeah it would of been something my teacher was talking about it today during history and then it started to snow right then. Good timing or what.:)

Thanks for the link snatcher. I'd heard about that storm but that's the first article I've read about it.

We used to stop and get gas in Brandon, MN, at the little gas station run by the same old guy since he was a kid (now a big modern station). He just sold a few years ago or so, but we always would talk to him about the storm. He was working that day, and the vivid memory and description he gave of how it came up was incredible. It was worth the extra time it took to get gas to hear his stories, and even though it often was the same, it never got old.

It almost sounds like that storm could not happen, but it sure did, and is a reason duck hunters need to be like good Boy Scouts - always be prepared, cause you never know... but with today's clothing and vehicles and boats, it is a different and safer gig for us.

great link and an even better story. its crazy to think of something that devistating in the midwest.