• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog got sprayed by a skunk

Scott K

Well I was out coon hunting last night, and I noticed the dog was doing weird stuff, I started going to her and could smell skunk, I figured she got sprayed, and she did. I have a couple questions, what is the best way to wash it off of her, tomato soup?

Another question, I hunted her for awhile afterwards but she didnt do well, I am assuming after she got sprayed it must have messed up her nose. After washing her will she be back to normal right away?

This recipe works for skunk deodorizer for dogs :

3 tablespoons Dawn liquid dish soap

1/2 cup baking soda

1 bottle [16] oz Peroxide

couple large bottles of charged water or just water if charged not avail .

Mix this up and wash dog well , then rinse well and your puppy will be a happy dog again.

Here ya go and by the way tomato products do not work well at all.

First and foremost, never wet your dog down first before using this formula. To make this skunk solution you will need: 1- bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide 3%, ¾ box of Baking soda, 1 cup of dish soap, (Dawn, Palmolive). You will also need an empty dish detergent bottle to mix the ingredient together in, it will also make it easier to apply to your dog. Mix all three ingredients together well. Apply the mixture to your dog liberally. Be careful not to get the mixture into your dog’s eyes or mouth. Baking soda can be harmful if swallowed and peroxide can be dangerous to the eyes. Use a face cloth to apply the mixture to your dogs face. Rub the mixture into your dog’s skin and coat. Make sure to completely saturate your dog in the mixture. Let the mixture sit on your dog for about 5 min. Rinse thoroughly starting with the head and face. Lift your dogs head to make sure the mixture runs away from the eyes and mouth. It is always easier if you have an extra set of hands. Towel dry. This mixture has been proven to work if you follow the instructions.

We use this formula for our hunting dogs and it works better than anything.

You will love this one. I was talking to a hunter a few weeks ago and he said his dog has gotten into fights several times with skunks. He swears by "Summer Breeze" dush, the product for women. He carries bottles of it with him in his truck. He claimed to have used it several times. His only issues is he felt stupid buying it at the store.

Most vet's sell a shampoo called Thiotrol, about 10.00 a bottle but well worth it, Neutralizes odor and can also be used on clothes and bedding. Buy two, one for now and the other one for next time.

You will love this one. I was talking to a hunter a few weeks ago and he said his dog has gotten into fights several times with skunks. He swears by "Summer Breeze" dush, the product for women. He carries bottles of it with him in his truck. He claimed to have used it several times. His only issues is he felt stupid buying it at the store.

Hahahaha- whats a dush?

That's funny.

I used the mixture on my last dog and it worked well to get rid of the smell. I did notice that when the dog got wet it still had the smell. This was awesome because I had to leave him at my ex's house when I was looking for a new place to live, one more thing for her to whine about.

Anybody else notice this (smell, not the whining).