Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
klino

Prop for Skeeter WX 1880

18 posts in this topic

I have a 2008 Skeeter WX 1880 with a Yamaha 150 four stroke.Was wondering if anyone here has the same boat and what prop they are running and what top end speed they are getting.

I'm not running that boat but I'll take a blind stab at it. I would suggest a 19" pitch prop and guess the speed at about 52 mph on the gps.

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota!

Would you care to share what RPM's your turning at Wide Open Throttle? I would also guess a 19 would be about right, I'd say mid to upper 40's on speed. But, if you're looking for prop suggestions a RPM and what pitch prop you're running now would be beneficial.

marine_man

Buddy just bought the same boat and put a 200 hpdi yami on it and runs a 3 blade 19 prop and gets with 3 guys and full load 58 mph out of his

If your buddy is running a 19 with the same boat on a 200 HP, then you may be looking at more of a 17 with a 150 four stroke.

marine_man

i have an 1880 wx with a 150 - not sure what pitch the prop is but its the one that came right from the factory. i will take a peak for you in the morning. yamaha owns skeeter so there boats are pretty well matched right out of the box. i get between 47-49 gps at 6000rpms depending on load.

would be interested to here if anybody gets more speed than that being the top of the rpm range

I run about 48 to 49 at 6000 rpm with the 19 pitch that came with the boat.6000 rpm is the max. rpm for this motor.Im getting the max rpm but was wondering if I could gain a little speed with a different prop.

A stainless prop would get you another 2-4 mph and better holeshot yet...

The trade off is price and if you hit something with you're stainless prop you'll do more damage than if you hit something with an aluminum prop...

If you do a lot of river running or a lot of shallow water running I'd probably stay with a aluminum prop, if not and $ isn't an issue I'd move up to a stainless.. it'll make a big difference.

marine_man

The 19 pitch prop that came with the boat new is a stainless prop but painted black.I guess the Yamaha stainless are painted black and the aluminum are painted white.Would a polished stainless make a difference?

Not as much as a different style/brand stainless and probably not enough to make it worth stripping down.

I have a 2006-WX1880 with an F150 on it. I've tried several props (about 7) in an attempt to get the most from the boat/motor at top RPM's. Ultimatley, if you want to save some $$, keep the black SS 19P prop that they gave you. I've tired 4 blades and 3 blades. I've tried 21P, 20P and 19P in all styles and versions. I am now running a 19P SS Mercury Enertia. Fully loaded (2 guys, 40g of fuel, loaded with a ton of gear, a T8, and a coolder, etc.) I can get 50 GPS MPH at around 5950 RPM's on good water. The best I ever got with any prop (same test/load) was 52 MPH, but I was a bit over 6000 RPM's too. I've also raised my motor one hole from the delivery install and that is where it is at now. I currently have a great hole shot, good mid range and good top end - without any blowouts. Considering the fact that it's only a 150, and all the weight I have in it, that's not bad for this boat. The original black Yamaha prop however, will get you similar results, so as I said, save your cash and keep it. You will never get much more out of this boat unless you run a 200 HPDI. For the 8 MPH more that you'd get (between the 150 and the 200) though, I could not justify the cost difference. I love the boat though, so I am fine with its performance.

I have a 2008 wx-1880, I got the 200 HPDI on it, it came with a stainless prop, the best I have gotten with this prop was 58 on GPS, alone. I have had 4 adults in the boat and it still ran 53 on the GPS. the boat is 1800 pounds. my 1997 1850 skeeter with the carbed 175 would hit 60 on the GPS, but that boat was only 1475 pounds.

I would not go with the F150, if your looking for speed.

go to the skeeter HSOforum, they have a page were they have tested boats with motors and props, and they give all the details, top speed, etc.

FishDepot

the 200 HPDI was only 1K more.

IMG_0171.jpg

I have a 2006-WX1880 with an F150 on it. I've tried several props (about 7) in an attempt to get the most from the boat/motor at top RPM's. Ultimatley, if you want to save some $$, keep the black SS 19P prop that they gave you. I've tired 4 blades and 3 blades. I've tried 21P, 20P and 19P in all styles and versions. I am now running a 19P SS Mercury Enertia. Fully loaded (2 guys, 40g of fuel, loaded with a ton of gear, a T8, and a coolder, etc.) I can get 50 GPS MPH at around 5950 RPM's on good water. The best I ever got with any prop (same test/load) was 52 MPH, but I was a bit over 6000 RPM's too. I've also raised my motor one hole from the delivery install and that is where it is at now. I currently have a great hole shot, good mid range and good top end - without any blowouts. Considering the fact that it's only a 150, and all the weight I have in it, that's not bad for this boat. The original black Yamaha prop however, will get you similar results, so as I said, save your cash and keep it. You will never get much more out of this boat unless you run a 200 HPDI. For the 8 MPH more that you'd get (between the 150 and the 200) though, I could not justify the cost difference. I love the boat though, so I am fine with its performance.
You said that you raised the motor.Was wondering which hole you are in now.

I am running in the lowest hole on the F150 - with a 19P Merc Enertia. As I said, this prop runs great, but not much better than the standard 19P black prop that came with the motor. I can't remember all the statistics from my prop testing, but I know I posted results for each prop on another well know walleye HSOforum (posted back in September of 07 if you want to search for results). Believe it or not, there was not alot of difference on top end speed on any other props I tested. Hole shot, mid range and blow out changed with each though. I spoke with the midwest Skeeter rep about my test results one day at a tourney. He said their test results were similar to mine. Like Klino said (and the Skeeter Rep. and I agree), if it is speed you want, put the 200 on the rig.

Thanks for all the replies.My skeeter came with the motor mounted in the middle hole.Maybe that is too low.I think I will try raising it and see what happens.

102_0545.jpg

Hey was wondering if i could get your phone number had a few questions if u tryed a enertia 20 pitch? Just curious have same boat as u but no kicker was wondering which to go with

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota skeeterfishing!

It would be nice if you could keep the discussion on the thread here, that way more people benefit from it!

marine_man

I have a T8 on mine (another 110/115 pounds of weight!). I did try a 20P Enertia too. The RPM's never went above around 5800 and the best I got was 47 MPH GPS, so after a few months, I sold it and dropped back to a 19P. That works great. Again, my F150 is raised all the way to the highest/bottom hole in the motor too. It came at the second hole from the bottom on the motor. I tested there and then raised the motor for more testing. The hole shot on the Enertia is very good too! I'll repeat this again though, if it is speed you're looking for, buy the 200 HP motor. The F150 is just not big enough IMO.

Thanks.

FishDepot