Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott Stein

fur buyer near kato?

16 posts in this topic

anyone know of buyers around here the only one i know is kenny who lives over by mankato

owatonna is a little drive for me brownie whos in new ulm if ya cant say let me know ill give ya me email

oh ya doubt i will go there imo hes a [PoorWordUsage]

There's a fella in arlington, cumberlands, groenwalds drives thru, pemberton, willmar, there's alot around most are just small guys, i like cumberlands the best but thats just me etc...if you want to learn alot the guy in arlington is super cool and will show ya some stuff the rest dont' say much etc....I agree R and R is not worth wasting your breath on he's a differnt guy

Anyone old enough to remember Oshmans Fur company in Mankato? Now that was a classic.

My dad used to sell there, over by Old Towne area, and they used to send postcards out telling you the top prices for coon, rats etc. Good memories- Ribnick Fur in Mpls used to buy too and when you drove in they shut the doors behind you, while they graded your furs.

white fox fur and feather. prolly a drive for you. its in pemberton past mankato on highway 83

My dad used to sell there, over by Old Towne area, and they used to send postcards out telling you the top prices for coon, rats etc. Good memories- Ribnick Fur in Mpls used to buy too and when you drove in they shut the doors behind you, while they graded your furs.

Anyone still have any of those old postcards from Oshmans? I was collecting them for years as a youngster, and when I was in selling one time I mentioned my collection and they dug through a drawer and gave me a bunch more that I did not have. Kinda neat to look back on now. My oldest card is from 1958, mink up to $20 and coon $4.00. Cripes....that's 50 years ago!

Haha smae prices 50 years later.. heck cheaper..

anyone hear what rats are going for? I caught 10 this week. grin I have not trapped in 35 yrs. Thought I would try this year, having fun, only using 4 traps. Start small right?