• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crop report

Was out in the Morris area yesterday and a lot of corn was out or being combined. Last week I was in the Lake Henry area and most of the corn was still in the fields. Wondering if anyone else had any reports. Shouldn't be long now for the rest to go. Good luck hunting.

Willmar area--- Hardly any picked.This weeks weather may change that but there's so much corn standing I'd guess with great weather it could be 70% gone in two weeks,But the weather outlook makes me believe more like end of Nov and into Dec.

Full gear corn harvest in progress in SW Mn. I would say in Nobles and Jackson Counties, corn is maybe 35% done as of Tuesday night. But they are going strong now and the candle is burning at both ends. It will be hard to get them out of the fields for the next week.

Combines are rolling in yellow medicine county.We should be done with our corn by around the end of the week, the strong winds on saturday knocked some of the corn down in spots, slowed us down some trying to pick up the layed down corn and could slow other farmers as well.

They've taken it up a notch in the Co.'s of Waseca, Blue Earth, Steele, Le Sueur, Faribault and Freeborn. Were some thinking about letting it dry in the field awhile longer but after Sunday's wind and snow, attitudes quickly changed. Some lodging and broken stalks but most ears stayed attached, up off the ground where the head can get under it. Has dried appreciably in the past week anyway, most corn getting into the mid to low 20's in moisture. This week looks like a gem. About 1/2 done corn in those areas mentioned but was surprised today at how many scattered soybean fields remain. What are they thinkin'? confused

Lots of combines in the field south of St Cloud. I've been waiting for them to take it off the field behind my house and they finally did it yesterday....went out for a pheasant hunt after work and shot 2 in 20 minutes.....gotta love hunting around a field that was just picked. Only problem is they were plowing it up last night....the good food source for the birds didn't even last 4 hours. frown

I've heard a lot of 19 - 21 and that's about close enough. It's Halloween and this crop has to get out.

Wide open harvest in Redwood County. It is fun to see how fast a good 12 row combine going 4 or 5 mph with a cart and 2 semis can wipe out a field. Even more fun to drive!

DD

Ya its higher the neighbor started pickin corn,his dryer has been running 24 hrs a day for a week needless to say his harvest came to a halt! Just when he was getting in my archery stand area!! I was excited that I'd have a week before firearms! No standing corn well thats shot!

With weather likely coming in midweek, it's balls to the wall time. Moistures have fallen on average about .3 - .4 of a point per day this week so low 20's and upper teens in moisture are common. Probably 60 - 70% of the crop is harvested. Watching the one guy augering corn into a semi from a 1280 bu. grain cart with a 24" auger just makes me shake my head. At 1100 bu./minute one shudders to think about the mess you could make in just a few seconds!