• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camp Kitty

Wobbler I really do feel for you but I am glad that you can keep a open mind about the whole problem and not let you down. I would start this season to let them know that you are going to build a new shack on YOUR property and you are going to take YOUR lights,windows,wood etc. and that only your family will be in the new shack and if you want your cousins to come you might want to tell them to take a year off so when the meathead comes up next year he will have no or at least a cold rotten place to stay. If he gets the hint fine and if not too bad but the dynamics of your camp are going to change and if half are gone (meathead and your cousins)it will still be better then what you have today. You can tell your cousins they are welcome minus the meathead or that they will be welcome when he is not in the picture or at least has got help for the problems that affect him at this time. The only thing I can tell you GOOD LUCK and watch your back at all times and to make sure ALL do the same until HE is gone.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncomfortable silence.....

That's forsure - from his explanation of what was happening - Sure hope nothing bad happened. On a side note: has anyone heard of any deaths from accidents, shootings or other issues this year?

I am here. Missing a week of work I played catch up all day and night last night. Hunting the Superior National Forest last week was tough but I managed to shoot a nice buck this past Saturday. Well, the hunting camp was interesting. You could cut the tension with a knife. But like 96trigger said it was uncomfortable silence all week. We had no issues and nothing was brought up. He went to bed every night a 7pm and we played cards or went to Hugo's bar to check out the night life and left him be. He did shoot a buck and the only 1 left with a buck tag was my brother on Saturday and he asked to shoot another buck. My brother laughed, and said no. The only thing about the shack that was mentioned was by his son that this spring we needed to jack up the shack and put some money into fixing things and split the costs which my dad, brother, and myself just changed the subject. Thanks for all those concerned. I sure hope nobody else has to go through that.

P.S. Tednugefan, was that you with your head shaved except for the buck in the back at Hugo's Bar last Wednesday night?

Hey Wobbler, did you look on the board at Hugo's to see what the biggest buck was??

Tealitup, How was your driveway this year? A little wet?? Our logging road was a huge mud puddle this year. Heading up again on Friday. I am assuming everything is pretty well frozen by now. Stop by the motorhome if you are around. Curious to see what's on your trail cams over the gut piles.

[PoorWordUsage] Wobbler, you were around Hugo's? Were they have been helping ugly people get ____ for years?

I hunt around that area! If you know where Bassett Cemetery is located I am north along a 2 mile driveway. If I would have known you were there we could have had a couple.

Glad everything seemed to go as well as can be expected.

ddp, The biggest buck was in the 240's and that was shot early opening day. Our woods and driveway got really tore up especially on Thursday when it rained all day long. I know where Ferris Maki's land is and you are right it is the road before ours.

tealitup, I have a hunting shack on Biglake, Sevenbeavers, road. I was at Hugo's 3 times. Once for my dad's buck (Tuesday) stopped for a beer Wednesday night, and once for mine (Last Saturday when Venison Rodeo was playing (I thought it was Venison Roadkill by the end of the night)). I heard there was some cougar sightings in Brookston/Culver but every guy on Saturday night witnessed the 80 year old cougar dancing up a storm to the accordian. That was a sight I will never forget!

Tealitup and ddp,

Seven Beavers is now shut off from public use. One of the landowners who owns the ATV trail shut it down. The only lake legally accessible to the public for NOW is Big Lake. Everything has changed up there. Lots of people own land and shut if off to others who don't own land. Unless you own land up there you will not be able to fish any of those lakes by next spring. One parcel is left and once that goes the road to those lakes become a private road. How did hunting go so far ddp?

Not good

Our party only got a doe. I personally didn't even see one until we were on the road home smile. I noticed your other post about the 9 day hunt. Thanks for the info. Heading up again on friday to hunt sat and sun. Let me know any other pointers you found out(mid day, early morning, etc... wink

Our party will not be hunting accept the one guy who still wants to shoot more deer imagine that. We went 5 for 5 and for 4 of us we think that is enough for us to shoot. We saw 75% of the deer before 8:30am. With one deer being shot at noon and one right before dark. No doe scent either seemed to do better. Grunting brought in the one my dad shot. My advice, set up between where you think the deer bed down and where you think they will be coming from feeding. Every one of our deer were shot on the edges of moving to big woods from either a cutover, open area, or swamp. All of them were old logging roads where the popples really did not grow up like the rest of the cutover did. Hope it helps.

tednugefan,

I did not go to the dinner. I was at Hugo's when someone mentioned the "rack shack" while I was playing buckhunter with my brother. I thought that was your shack. Sounds like your party had some success too!

well we struck out again 3rd weekend. I jumped one deer while roaming the woods. Oh well, we still had a good time with the hunting party. Time to start the count down to the '09 season. Developed some more trail cams. some deer and a kitty cat smile Linx?? I've never seen one before.

herekitty.jpg

buckpalletstand.jpg

ddp we struck out to the third weekend. we had our chances though. me and my dad both missed nice bucks that we should have been able to hit. but oh well nothing we can do about it. ive never seen the linx up there before. i know they have tracking devices on some over by hugo's .

ddp,

I have never seen a lynx up there. You are pretty fortunate to get a picture of one. That buck in the second picture is the size I shot. Funny it almost like the twin brother of that one. Well it should be a heavier 8 or even a 10 next year for you!

yeah, needless to say I was suprised when I opened the film. It's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get smile

Hopefully the deer stay in the area for next year.