• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Photo 2008

copterjohn

Pick your favorite shot of 2008, preferably a non-traditional pose. Include a brief description of why it is you fav.

Here's one to start... Last few minutes of sunlight in NW MN... Was fishing with a fellow meteorologist Jay Trobec from Sioux Falls and his wife as a weak front approached. I set the hook and then handed the rod to his wife. She cranked it all the way in while Jay took photos. Quick release and the fish swam into the sunset... Here's a sequence.

rebecca.jpg

favorite_08.jpg

sunset_swim.jpg

This is my favorite release picture this year, and all around favorite picture this year as well. It's a fairly traditional release shot, but the flash illuminated the water so well, and the way it makes the fish look is just sick.

n135400772_30699279_3194.jpg

This was a 50" fish my friend (Riverkid21) caught earlier this summer. The picture was taken by our mutual friend who always seems to be in the boat when we catch big fish.

This is a horrible picture of me but I think the fish is framed well. It was also my PB - 48-ish but we didn't spend a lot of time handling her. It took me a couple hours to wipe the smile off my face after that fish.

48onWB2008.jpg

Here's my favorite. My wife was with me and took the shot, along with both of our mutts. It was the first muskie she ever saw in person and had a serious "holy BEEP" moment when it came up! She did a great job of netting it and it was a beautiful weekday morning, warm/calm/nobody else out. One of the prettier fish i've caught to date as well. Need more days like that!

44fishlake.jpg

nice fish jeff.

heres mine, first and only musky so far. caught it in canada in july and have only been out musky hunting 2 other times since. im planning on keeping my boat out till mid November to hit up green bay and northern WI a few more times.

musky.jpg