• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cold front coming through

Looks like a good couple days to be out in the duck blind. Nice cold front coming through with strong northwest winds and chance of snow. This should definately bring some birds down. I'm jealous for all of you who get to take advantage of it, I work frown

One of my duck boats, my 870 Supermag,a bunch of my decoys, some of my camo clothes, and a couple of boxes of shells went out of town with my #3 son yesterday. Meanwhile, I'm working 12 hour night shifts. My equipment is having more fun than I am this year. But with the NW winds bringing down the geese, I'm going to take a bunch of vacation time and see what I can do.

Yea looks like a good day if your looking to go swimming. For one, these winds are dangerous (tip your boat dangerous), second the first cold front of the year usually backfires (the temps are goin to be in the 50s to 60 by mid-week). Good luck to all of you that brave the weather, but I'll be sleepin in waitin for the REAL cold snap!

Be safe!

Yea looks like a good day if your looking to go swimming. For one, these winds are dangerous (tip your boat dangerous), second the first cold front of the year usually backfires (the temps are goin to be in the 50s to 60 by mid-week). Good luck to all of you that brave the weather, but I'll be sleepin in waitin for the REAL cold snap!

Be safe!

Real cold snaps send birds right through MN in a matter of days. I personally like hearing a warmer forecast now, get some new birds in the area and keep them here a while. By the way, depending on your location you missed a good morning of hunting.

During the week since i don't have Many options of places to hunt in the cities i tend to spend most of my school evenings out in the rice lake area and tonight was the first night i have seen divers in the area and there was definatly i lot more flocks of mallards and geese around so I'd say the front definatly pushed some ducks down hopefully there is still a lot more to come

man we where out on swan monday and there where only divers out there not much for mallards at all .....i thought there would be a lot down but there was not yet....maby today is the day .....or maby not ..... thats why it is hunting

borwning24 unless you are diver hutning i would wate a cupple days see if some more ducks come down ....but lots of blue bills you just need to be on a grass clup in the middle of south bay and we could of shoot the lots of them

hey mike thanks again for taking me just wish we would have shot some more oh well thiers always next time maybe we can hit it up dan style and crush some divers on that island I will just have a long haul from the landing but whatever i dont mind driving the extra mile