Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Tippman

Cold front coming through

Looks like a good couple days to be out in the duck blind. Nice cold front coming through with strong northwest winds and chance of snow. This should definately bring some birds down. I'm jealous for all of you who get to take advantage of it, I work frown

One of my duck boats, my 870 Supermag,a bunch of my decoys, some of my camo clothes, and a couple of boxes of shells went out of town with my #3 son yesterday. Meanwhile, I'm working 12 hour night shifts. My equipment is having more fun than I am this year. But with the NW winds bringing down the geese, I'm going to take a bunch of vacation time and see what I can do.

Yea looks like a good day if your looking to go swimming. For one, these winds are dangerous (tip your boat dangerous), second the first cold front of the year usually backfires (the temps are goin to be in the 50s to 60 by mid-week). Good luck to all of you that brave the weather, but I'll be sleepin in waitin for the REAL cold snap!

Be safe!

Yea looks like a good day if your looking to go swimming. For one, these winds are dangerous (tip your boat dangerous), second the first cold front of the year usually backfires (the temps are goin to be in the 50s to 60 by mid-week). Good luck to all of you that brave the weather, but I'll be sleepin in waitin for the REAL cold snap!

Be safe!

Real cold snaps send birds right through MN in a matter of days. I personally like hearing a warmer forecast now, get some new birds in the area and keep them here a while. By the way, depending on your location you missed a good morning of hunting.

idk if you would trust you stelf driveing swan acrose swan but you could shre come and hunt wiht us we are going to be hunting south bay

I will think about it this type of weather does not make me not go I have a pretty big boat, depends on what the ole lady is doin.

During the week since i don't have Many options of places to hunt in the cities i tend to spend most of my school evenings out in the rice lake area and tonight was the first night i have seen divers in the area and there was definatly i lot more flocks of mallards and geese around so I'd say the front definatly pushed some ducks down hopefully there is still a lot more to come

man we where out on swan monday and there where only divers out there not much for mallards at all .....i thought there would be a lot down but there was not yet....maby today is the day .....or maby not ..... thats why it is hunting

borwning24 unless you are diver hutning i would wate a cupple days see if some more ducks come down ....but lots of blue bills you just need to be on a grass clup in the middle of south bay and we could of shoot the lots of them

hey mike thanks again for taking me just wish we would have shot some more oh well thiers always next time maybe we can hit it up dan style and crush some divers on that island I will just have a long haul from the landing but whatever i dont mind driving the extra mile