• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grand Rapids Grouse

Anyone having any luck up there? Me and a few guys are heading up thur-sun. and wanted to know how you are doing. We will be hunting the paper mill land for the most part, unless you guys have any better ideas for the area.

Have not made it up that far this year since all have my outings have been day trips. Last year did well south of Rapids and in past years have done well North of Nashwauk in the George Washington S.F. So many spots up there you guys should find birds. In my few times out I have been keying on low spots near water. It is so dry where i've been hunting most of my bird action has been coming near wet areas. Such a difference from last year when I couln't find a dry spot...Good luck guys give us a report.

Seems to be a great year in GR this year. Me and my roomate have but down 16 grouse since opener. We have seen countless birds this year. Deffinatly the best I have seen it in a long time. We have also been hunting Blandin Paper Mill land exclusively. You should have a good weekend. Weather looks great up here thursday through sunday night. Good Luck.

The Grouse Society held their annual National Grouse hunt two weekends ago in the GR area. A fried was guiding and he said the grouse number are good. On the first day he and his party of two flushed 16 birds. Not bad. You should do quite well now that the leaves are down.

Be safe and good hunting!

My buddy and I hunted around Marcell on Saturday and saw 11

and got 3. No dogs this time. Saw at least one on every

OHV trail under .5 miles long. Lots of nice trails up there

and few people hunting. My normal range is Longville and lots

of hunters. Good luck