• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer tongue jacks

prov1900

I need to replace the tongue jack on my Eagle dual axle trailer. I have had the trailer since 05 (1900 ProV IFS) and it never was "great". Now it is pretty much shelled out. Is there a difference in brands? Do I need to go to a 1500 lb jack?

The weight is dependent on your tongue weight. I'd see what it weighs now and use that as a starting point.

With respect to brands, you get what you pay for... they're all pretty good, but the bulldogs are pretty good in my opinion.

marine_man

how can you tell the tongue weight? I have a jack that I don't like the wheel does not turn with the trailer when I'm pushing the boat into the garage. I'm wondering if a more heavy duty jack would be better.

how can you tell the tongue weight? I have a jack that I don't like the wheel does not turn with the trailer when I'm pushing the boat into the garage. I'm wondering if a more heavy duty jack would be better.

Set the tongue on a bathroom scale.

A trick I have seen people do to make even a cheap tongue jack work extremely better and seem to then last forever - drill a small hole and install a grease fitting near the top, then grease it - it will take nearly a tube of grease. Use water-proof grease, of course I recommend AMSOIL.