• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

EA Frustrating Rules!

Bowfin

Got some things done around the house today so I went to Gander to buy my regular deer license and an early antlerless tag to hunt tomorrow. They informed me that I wouldn't be able to hunt tomorrow because even though there is no waiting period for the antlerless tags there is a two day waiting period for the regular firearms license to become valid. If I would have bought the firearms license yesterday I could have hunted tomorrow. Useless rule IMO especially during a management hunt. Extremely frustrating - I bet others waited till Friday to buy both licenses to hunt this weekend.

Is your early antlerless tag different than a management?

I'm sure that they don't want someone to shoot a doe and then go buy a license if they get one. Thats usually the deal. I would assume that because its a special permit, it is different than the management. Therefor, regular tag rules apply, i.e. the 48 hour rule. Sorry, it sucks, but those are the rules. However, I know pleanty of peope that have been misinformed by clerks at ELS stations. You might want to try and contact someone to clarify.

I think you can buy a licence right up untill midnight the night before the hunt. After that the 48hour rule applies. So by those rules 11:59pm on friday night was the point you had to commit to this weekends hunt.

I had to wait 48 hours for my bow licence to be good this year. It sucked, but I forgot, so I had to wait.

I read the regs early and keyed in on page 62 of the regs which says Early Antlerless tags are an exception and the waiting period doesn't apply. Since I wouldn't be using the regular license tags, I assumed the waiting period doesn't affect the early antlerless season. There is a clause which I didn't pick up saying that the regular license has to be valid (I guess even though the regular "tags" are not valid in this early season hunt anyways).

Anyway, I guess the frustrating part is that each year I read over the regulations soon after they are out to keep up on the changes. Thought I understood the regs - didn't know if I could make it out tommorrow until just a couple hours ago - and found out I didn't understand a technicality. What do I do tommorrow - more stuff around the house? That don't sound fun! I even went to church tonight which freed up tommorrow!

I'd have to go with you should be fine to buy it and go tommorow. You will buy you regular tag before the season starts. The early season permits are valid as soon as you buy them.I would go. I picked up one for my girlfriend today at about 3.