• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall fishing plan?

mnhunter2

Looks for them suspended over deeper water off the weedlines. They'll often be schooled pretty tightly. If you have some early ice spots they will often produce now as well.

Borch is right, there will be a period where they use deep/open water. And the idea of looking towards early ice spots is very important too.

I would also look towards your spring spots after the water turns. They will cycle back through and use some of the same weedlines that they used in May/June...

I've been finding a whole bunch of crappies that are holding off of a sharp shoreline break and roaming in the main basin in 22-25', they are very inactive during the the day. But once night rolls around the move up the break onto a big shoreline flat in 8-12' and gorge on what looks like some kind of small insect larva. Jigs and a minnow dragged on the bottom have been the ticket, any action to the jig at all and the fish shy away.

I recently found a nice school of crappies roaming an off shore break, they were on top of the break (12 fow) and feeding hard in the evenings and mornings. The deep water next to the break was 22 feet. Doing the same thing riverrat said. draggin a jig and minnow near the bottom.