Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
FishingwithJake

Deer Processing - West Metro

I live in the west metro (Maple Grove) and am wondering if any of you can tell me a great place to process our deer this winter. I'd love to process my own deer but I don't have the room at home nor the time to do it.

Thanks!

Hey, your in luck. You have one right in Maple Grove. It's called Brothers Meats.

[Note from admin: edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Good Luck,

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• In general,  fishing the breaks starting at 32ft then shallower is a good start. You may find a fish here and there durring the day but I find the bite is at its best just before the sun hits the horizon and an hour before and after. These fish along with crappies will swim up and down these breaks at this time of evening to feed. Good luck, its timing durring the year to get a good bite and its different every year. The Croix just does not like to give up those toothy critters in the winter on a consistent manor. 
    •   yup.    its changed the forum game for sure.  i can easily find specific bodies of water/areas on facebook in a much easier to participate with format.  posting pictures, replying, etc etc.    i also think like you that in the interest of trying to keep everything in order, many message boards such as this one spread themselves to thin with so many subforums it because almost impossible to navigate. 

was a moderator of another webforum that has been 5 or 6 years defuct.  their problem wasn't facebook it was that it had 150 active members but over 200 different forums.   it was ridiculous.  i had no say, the site got so little traffic that they shut it down. 

for HSO/fishing mn (annoying 2 sites now) all of the subforums for different areas are void of info, but you can find plenty of info on facebook.  (faribult fishign reports on fb for example has 10 new topics and almost 60 posts in just a handful of days.  never got that in this forum.    the bigger ones this is for sure an issue but easily navigable.   it is amazing that people under their real name will be so unhelpful and hateful. 
    •   I couldn't agree more.  The Facebook pages are just ridiculous....all of them.  Surprising to me, given the fact that people are using their real names and what not.  Back when this site was popular, it was a great resource for all things hunting and fishing, and there were a lot of great friendships made.  Now it is but a shell of it's former greatness, but I'd sure like for it to get back on track!
    • Nice warm breakfast dinner is on the menu for us tonight.    Hasbrowns, eggs toast and bacon of course. 
    • 1.22.18 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report   Hello from the NW Angle!   Minnesota walleye fishing has been consistent between 18-21 feet. The most effective method is on the dead stick set slightly above the jigging rod. 25-28 feet is also filling buckets with a good walleye and sauger mix, even the occasional jumbo perch. Slender and Tundra spoons have been bringing fish to the house. We have also seen numerous northern pike this week with the largest being over 42.”   Canadian walleye fishing remain excellent, especially along points and reefs. Crappie action has been hit or miss. The bite has been better in the morning with anglers limiting out in the first few hours. Fishing deeper than 28 feet is important to get good action.   Until next week,   Sunset Lodge
    • You self proclaimed foodie people are a great help. Thanks a lot. 
    •   Geez Dave that 's easy. Since you sent the slave to work in a snow storm! Have her pick up dinner on the way home for you as well!
    •   I have checked a couple.  the stupidity and one-upmanship and language in most of the posts are unreal.  not for me.
    • Leftovers? Meatloaf Popcorn Pancakes
    • agreed i use an app called geo gone that scrubs all data. I have locations turned off but also scrub every photo just encase.
  • MWO