• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shotgun Shell Deals

what state are you from no walmart around here was it that cheap and for one i dont shoot EXPERT its the worst shell on the out there.

if you want save money on shells good luck because that what you will get

we shut alot of are ducks over decoys and found out we wounded alot of ducks with expect so we now use kent faststeel and kill more birds

last year me my brother and a buddy shot over 120 birds last year and only shot mybe 9 boxes of kent not bad. i will not shot anything but kent there the best shell for the bang.

Dan Z- I'm not trying to start things here but if you guys shot around 9 boxes or shells or 225 Shells and shot 120 Ducks thats around 53% kill shots and 47% miss thats not horrible odds but not great odds either. What some of us are saying is that we always cant afford to put Kent Faststeel in our guns for $17 a box. thats almost double what I found Experts at for in alexandria MN walmart at $8.99. I like to save my money on shells because I can use it on other things like decoys or clothing. Its all what people prefer. I know that my shot kill ratio its higher than 53% I shot remington and Expert last year all year. We are all just looking for the best deal trying to help a Fmer out. I realize you have strong opinions about your Kent fast steel but for everyone that likes something, theres always someone who doesn't like it.

AHH leave poor Dan alone-he just found out foaming the inside of the boat wont give it more bouyancy in back for his motor. Who would have thunk it. Judging by the twin bed headboard in your mounted pintail pick Dan-do you still live with MA n PA? If someone wants to save a buck on shells i dont think you should be saying anything. Which one is it 107? 120? your duck numbers went up since your last post.

i will leave for what you guys want to belive in but i do not skybust more like in your face shooting. if the duck is outside my decoy spread i do not shoot.

maybe my count was of before but its some where between 107 and 120 birds. not bad numbers for not going out of state.

i have nothing against any Fmers but believe what you want to.

We get a few of us together and buy shells by the case. Local sporting goods store here has an annual Winchester ammo sale...we can get the XPert high velocity for a good deal by the case. So we have three of us go in, each buy a case of different size/speed, and then divvy the shells up so everyone has a variety of what they need.

We don't save a whole lot buying by the case, but it does add up to a few bucks here and there.