• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Falls on Big Sioux River

Went to Sioux Falls today, and made a stop at Falls Park. This is my very first attempt at shooting waterfalls. By the time we finished our shopping, the dark clouds were starting to roll in. I definately want to go back there when the lighting is better.

This photo is a little water fall to the side of the big falls. A little PP done, mostly to try to make up for settings mistakes.

2897558636_6d005d5000_o.jpg

You did very well! I would say the light was good for what you were trying to do. Too much light and you can't slow the shutter down fast enough to get that "cotton water" look. Mike Meyer made mention of that in his post this evening. Many times we use ND filters (which cut the amount of light down) and polarizers to get shutter speeds down to 5 to 8 seconds!