• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

riflescope suggestions

fish stalker

I have a Rem Model Seven in 7mm-08 too with CDL stock.. I mounted it with Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm scope. Since you're looking for $300-500 scope you should go with Leupold VX-III 2.5-8x36mm its an all around scope and will fit on model seven nicely.

I have a couple Leupold's and just bought a Nikon for my .270 TC Pro Hunter. The Leupolds have been really good. One was returned to the factory because of a faulty zooming mechanism. Fixed at no charge. I can't wait get a crack at an antelope in two weeks with TC and the Nikon. The BDC reticle is very nice.

Leupold or Nikon are the way to go. They have the best glass for that price range. I have a VX-II and love it. I also have a Nikon Prostaff on my slug gun and it has also proven most effective. Look at warrenties, that always helps the decision.

with scopes you need to remember it can be like getting a presciption, look through as many scopes as you can and find one your eye likes. a place like cabela's is nice becaseu its a big enough store to look at animals on the opposite wall to see how they transfer light for you. i personally use leupold VXIII's, but a close friend who i have often shared guns with absolutely hates them because they're "blurry"... his scope of choice is BSA, can easily afford the nicer scopes, but just prefers the 50$ BSA's. my next choice is simmon's... quite the range of constuction differences, but the they seem extremely crisp and detailed. find one your eye likes and a reticle you like, don't go off pricerange or their rated quality alone

I have a Leupold VX III, Also a Nikon Monarch. The Nikon IMO is at least as good and also has a lifetime guarantee.

I have one of each also and the big differance that I see is the eye relief. The Leupold is by far better in that area.