• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Personalized fishing lures?

calli4120

I'm getting married in October and I'm looking for a place that will make personalized lures as a gift for my groomsmen. I've found a few places online that offer personalization but require a minimum order of 50-100 lures.

Is there anyone here that has an idea of a place that would do this with a small quantity or have any other ideas for groomsmen gifts?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

I got a Rattlin Rap from a customer we did business with that had their company name on it. No mention of where they got them but they said it was one of the last ones they had. Neat idea though.

My cousin gave out personalized flasks for his wedding and I got one for being an usher which was pretty cool.

I thought about the flasks or personalized beer mugs but since one of the groomsmen is underage and another one has drinking probelms, I decided that it was a bad idea. Both of them love fishing though so thats how I came up with this idea.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Adam

Is there anyone here that has an idea of a place that would do this with a small quantity or have any other ideas for groomsmen gifts?

A knife is a good groomsmen gift. Regarding lures, JR's Tackle might be able to help you out. Worth a call anyhow.

Recently I gave personalized crank baits to some friends for attending a function. What I did was have them personalized by a friend of mine that is a gifted artist as I only needed a small amount of them.

Just another idea for you.

Lynn

I would look in the phone book for a company that specializes in specializing gifts and knick knacks. I can't come up w/ the word that I am looking for. sort of company that sells you pens and coffee mugs w/ custom logos and things. I know some company can help you out. grat idea and congratulations.

Here's another possibility - I had an idea for a crankbait color and a friend who does taxidermy volunteered to paint one of my existing cranks in the color I wanted. He actually painted a Rapala in a crappie pattern with one side being a white crappie and the other a black crappie....catches fish too.....

Maybe you could find a taxidermist who would do a few for a fee if you picked up the lure bodies from a tackle making supply house or even buy some from any source and paint over them.

Good luck

You could always just get a gold sharpie and have at her!! laugh

Kidding you, I think you got some good info here and would check into the trophy shops for sure. I know there's a few places in a couple of malls where you can get personalized cups and other things for your wedding party, maybe check with them and see if they can do anything for you as well.