Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zamboni

Mike Sweeney Released

15 posts in this topic

I said it before, maybe a decent pick up for the Twins. Provides a little veteran leadership, and toss in some pinch hits and a few days at DH, would be a great fit here.

At this time of the year, released for a reason.

Often injured- he was replaced by Frank Thomas. Wouldn't hurt, you know, as awful as it was- he even breaks up no hitters. Wouldn't be any worse than hanging onto Rondell White for 2 seasons.

It seems to me that we had another Twins killer on our team earlier this year, and that didn't work out too well..My opinion is that he is done and that is why Oakland got rid of him.

I am just thinking out loud. Like said not to many people on right now...... I think I have to get out of town for the weekend.

G.C.

Ok 8 HRs. Whats that? Like good enough for tied for 4th on the team? In one quarter of the ABs? If that??

Sad to see. Sweeney was a fearsome hitter before his body started to disintegrate. One of those guys (like Thome now!) that I loved to watch hit & hated to see swing a bat against the Twins.

Would he be ready to go this season? I heard he would need surgery, and might need a season to recover.