• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deck Paint/Stain remover- Does it work?

mskyfshntchr

Ok, I need some help with the stain on my deck.

I have Behr Deck, Fence and Siding Wood stain- 100% acrylic latex on my deck now. The old owners left the gallon at the house and last fall I put a coat on the deck floor. The stain didn't even make it through the winter and looks much worse now than it did then.

It is called a stain, but the stuff looks like paint. It is peeling and chipping like paint does, that is for sure!

Anyways, I was looking into removing all of the old stain off of the deck and starting over. Does anyone have a specific stain remover they use for this application? How well does it work? Etc?

Then, what brand of stain would you recommend after I get it cleaned off?

Thanks a lot!

Thats the problem with stain sealers or any sealer.

Oils wont peel their absorbed.

As far as getting it off? I'd start with a good pressure washer,remove all it will,then scrape & sand.lots of work! You could try a stripper but different brands give different results and you'll probably be sanding anyway.

Use a oil not sealer just oil like CWF as example,there are lots of oils that will give different looks.