• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

vacuum

Ryan_V

Question

need a new vacuum, as I ran over a bouncy ball with ours and it busted up!! I know I want a bagless model, but does anyone have any recommendations?? I briefly looked at them at wm. are the dysons worth the money, or will the ones for $150 to the job they claim to do. I don't want to spend the money for a dyson if I don't have to, but want a vacuum that cleans!!

8 answers to this question

I have an Eureka it cleans, and didnt cost much, it is about 7 years old and I havent had any problems with it yet. I had a Kirby before this, and I like the Eureka much better, its alot lighter, and the Kirby broke in 1 year, they wanted $300 to fix it. I bought the Eureka for under $100 and it cleans well.

I just went thru the same thing. I did lots of research and ended up with a Dyson DC17 designed for a house with pets. I did a test when we first got it, I vacuumed the house with the old vacuum then the Dyson. Un freaking believable what it picked up! The model I have alows me to turn the power broom off so I can do the hard floors as well. The Dyson is built with very high quality parts, the wand is a really cool idea, it's super easy to empty and it's pretty quite for a vacuum as well. Yes, it's worth the money.

We went through a vacuum cleaner every year until we bought a Dyson. We've had it for three years now with no problems. The hose cracked last year. We called the company and had a new one the next day at no charge. We questioned if we should get the pet model and the customer service person told us that they both had the same motor. Her words were don't waste the extra money.

Refer to the old post. Also, check the "Carpet and Rug Institutes" HSOforum on approved vacuum cleaners. You will notice not a single Dyson on the list. Dyson's have a very high rate of suction and the rotating beater bar does not have a height adjustment to lift the power head off the surface of the carpet. The longer tufts get sucked up into the rotating brushes-causing the upper portions of the tufts to untwist, fray or develop a fuzzy appearance.

I was wondering about what the "pet" model had that the other didn't, other than a $50 increase. We went with the pet model anyways because the place where we made the purchase only carried that model in the "DC" series and we had a 20% coupon so it made it cheaper than the regular model.