• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Yahoo Day

My friendly neighbor took me fishing today, we had to drive what seemed like miles through the woods on the quads. I had no idea where we were or how we got there (thank goodness he isn't an axe murderer. I asked the name of the lake but he said if he told me he would have to kill me. Fish total in 3 hours 24 huge pumpkinseeds, 4 northerns around 4 pounds each and one around 8 pounds. Then we ran out of bait and had to go home. I don't know which was more fun, the ride there and back or the fishing! I would post pictures but alas the fish had croaked and we can't post dead fish pictures. Next time I am taking the camera with.

Sounds like a great day. I love catching Northerns. I am missing the Grand Rapids area so I think next weekend my husband and I are going to take a drive up there with a load of sweetcorn. My in-laws have no idea what GOOD sweetcorn tastes like and in a few more days it will be ready here. Maybe even drop some off for my old co-workers in GR. Hoping we can bring the boat and fish Little Splithand for a day. When we lived up there we would fish there all the time and catch tons of northerns. Only a few big ones, but it sure was fun to catch so many fish. Glad you had a good time, nothing better than a day of fishing!

Brenda

A friend of ours has a lake near your place Barb that he icefishes that he calls "The Secret Lake". It has giant crappies, I guess. I don't think I'm worthy enough to get a crack at it since I've never been invited. winkgrin

Your day sounded just awesome though! We had nice weather today too. I'm starting to smell autumn in the air around here and the nights are getting pretty chilly. Good eating at the Lambjam home tonight!

A friend of ours has a lake near your place Barb that he icefishes that he calls "The Secret Lake". It has giant crappies, I guess. I don't think I'm worthy enough to get a crack at it since I've never been invited. winkgrin

Your day sounded just awesome though! We had nice weather today too. I'm starting to smell autumn in the air around here and the nights are getting pretty chilly. Good eating at the Lambjam home tonight!

And tomorrow night, and the night after, and the night after, etc. etc. etc.

My sister gave me some fresh caught salmon which I shared with my special friend, I know how to grease the wheel.

He is slowly getting better, he was pretty bruised and has a tight knot across his whole right fanny cheek but would not go to the doctor. Must be a man thing, last time he refused to go to the doctor it almost cost him his life. Right knee front and back is one massive bruise. They are slowly going away, and he did get back up on the ATV yesterday but he is moving a lot slower these days. I am not quite sure how he managed to dump it, as I was barreling through the woods yesterday through brush, over logs, through swampy area's, doing sharp turns, getting slammed by branches and even had a small log fly up and hit me in the arm and never once had a problem with the ATV. The guy I went with was my sculpture friend. Not as hot looking as the cop, but a lot of fun!!!

Oh yeah, need to take fish netting 101 as it took me three tries to net his 8 pound northern. Of course it was a very small tippy boat and I didn't dare stand up and the sun glaring off the water kept blinding me. (Good excuse)

Barb,

I am soooo green with envy. Was he as good looking as the CO's on Osakis? I never did see the cop.

Hope

I never got to see the CO's, but that cop was so good looking I almost needed a de-fibrillator to get my heart going again!!

Well, I just had a yahoo weekend. Char came up to GR and we fished Wabana all day Saturday, and Jessie on Sunday. I had a ball, although our fishing prowess wasn't too great. We caught sunnies on Saturday, and tried fishing after dark for eye but only came up with about 25 rock bass. I have never fished Wabana before and I gotta tell ya it is a daunting lake. Deep clear and structure everywhere, we marked a lot of fish but just couldn't seem to catch them.

Sunday we went to Jessie, and we had winds around 25 mph. Quite a chop and it made it real tough for boat control, only caught 2 perch even though we fish for about 5 hours. We then went to my little walleye honey-hole and were disappointed again. So I guess I gotta get out and learn some of these lakes a little better. While it wasn't really all that productive it was fun.

Oh Yes - it was fun! Even with the winds, the weather was good enough to be on the lake every day.

Pretty funny when my husband and son came over to Barb and me on Wabana. They kept looking at the depthfinder as they got closer - they couldn't believe we were fishing in 100 ft of water. (Actually we were drifting and just happened to be there - they thought we were crazy) LMAO...

Got to meet Lola - wow what a huge, yet well-behaved, dog. Better than my dog - he growled at Lola and that's all it took. He ended up being put back in the truck.

Thanks again Barb for letting my son and me (and Duke) fish in your boat with you. We had a great time!!

wish I could of made it but had some family things going on and working. My cousin Tom won the vandersluis golf tourney and my other cousin Skyler won top driver (track points champ) in the mod 4 races so it was great watching them.