• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

professional carpet cleaner

surfs

Just looking to see who would recommend a company that does professional carpet cleaning. I have my own carpet cleaner, but it just isn't doing the "job" that I would like hence now I'm looking for someone that does it professionally. Obviously I see the ads on T.V., ect but wanted to know first hand if you have used such a company and would you recommend or even use them again.

Thanks!

Like most, we've went thru the mill with differnt companies, big name and the small guys as well.

The big guys seem to charge more, but do a decent job. The last 2 times the wife tried a little guy first and that ended up wasting 3 hours of my time due to broken hoses, running out of water in his truck, having to redo stuff etc. Then she got some outfit out of apple valley last time. The point of my rambling is not to recommenend a company, but rather a piece of equipment.

All of the outfits that have came out previously have just the vacuume suction with the heated spray all in one motion and the "cleaning" is done with the suction. The is last guy had an older piece of equipment and the best way to describe it is it had a spinning mechanism up front in the shape of a plus sign and each arm had steam ports on it. When he turned it on, the spinner went around putting out steam and actually working the carpet. Then he did the traditional cleaning after that. That thing got out the stains, but didn't do any damage to the carpet because it acted like one of those trowel things they use on concrete.

Before using any type of rotary type carpet cleaning equipment, check your warranty brochure to see if the carpet manufacturer recommends it's use- might void the warranty. Did this rotary machine have an absorbent pad on the bottom? An IICRC Certified Cleaner has to take a pretty intensive cleaning course to become a "IICRC Certified Cleaner" and I believe it's something like every two years they have to take update classes to maintain the certification. Most all carpet manufacturers recommend "Hot Water Extraction" (are some exceptions). Google "rotary carpet cleaning machines" and you will see why they are not recommended for most carpets. Bottom line-if you have a qualified cleaner, the job will be done correctly. It most likely will not be the "4 or 5 bedroom, hallway and step package for 99.00". These will be the cleaners who walk around with you and ask for information on possible causes of different spots/problem areas-perform different tests using spotting agents to determine the best course of action for removal. You will pay for the experience and certification.

Did this rotary machine have an absorbent pad on the bottom?

negative.

it was just like one of these cement finishers that have the fan blade spinning around but only a small version of that.

The spinning mechanism was metal and smooth but had steam/solution vents coming out of the bottom of each fan blade that basically moved the carpet fibers and mixed the steam in. The machine itself looked pretty old but the guy hooked the hoses up to it and did our living room. It just glides over the carpet, but it did better work than some of the yahoos that came out previously.

I found out what it was CleanMaster CMX-20 Rotary Extractor