• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Central AC leaking on furnace

mmeyer

Hey All,

I have a leaking problem with my CA unit on my furnace. It's leaking at the seam where it's attached to the furnace. There is some water coming out of the drain hose but much more coming from the seam. Is this really bad?

Can I take out the coils and look at it closer to fix the problem?

Thanks

I can blow through the end of the hose and there is a trickle of water coming out so I don't think the drain is plugged. The fitting are all copper so I don't know if I can take it apart. Ca I pull out the plenum and get at the drain pan from there?

mmeyer, I also started to see water yesterday comming out of my furnace seams. My pump runs and plenty of water comes out the hose. I called the person that installed it and he hasnt got back to me yet. Im starting to think maybe all the humidity we had may of caused this?

Take a wet/dry vacuum set it for WET. Suck the drain out.

Also could be your coil is frosting. The water will have no were to go if that

is the case. Call your A/C man.

Have you changed your filters? That will do it some times.

Those fancy paper fil/treat filters will also cause a coil to frost sometimes

because of lack of air flow.

I think you might be on to somthing fastkaw!! I just started to use the paper filters, and thats when this started to happen!! going to Manards and getting the new filters.Now next time it warms up I will see what happens.

I took mine apart and found everything in pretty good condition. I was expecting to see maybe some corrosion or something bad. I'll change my filter and suck out my drain. I'm thinking maybe that the overload of humidity this past week caused an over flow of the little drain pans. We'll see what happens.

Thanks everyone.

only ice

If you have a old system with very little return air do not use those fancy filters...

Get the old stand-by spun class filters and oil them. NOT MOTOR OIL.

Air filter oil, filter tact. A real hardware store will have it.

The big box stores seldom have that type of stuff.