• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Duck hunting on Upper Red Lk

ne thing is possible just bring lots of decoys and park close to a raft of divers they will be buzzing the shorelines if they see other white ducks, sometimes you can shoot at the same flock of white ducks a few times if you stick it out. robo robo robo when its legal the divers love those things had a ringer actually try to land on one of my floaters last year

careful where you set up...if you're on the indian's land you'll probably get in big trouble for potentially harming their "hunts"...even without bag limits or "seasons" they'd probably still burn your truck to the ground if you kept them from shooting just a few more...

Now thats funny! Yes I was wondering the same thing about ducks on Red lake. Im actually going up there in Oct to try the fishing but heck might as well throw the gun in to. I would actually like to get a report from someone that has hunted it. When I fished it i didnt see a whole lot of cover for duck hunting though?

You can hunt URL on the non reservation side with no problems. Just make sure you have enough boat and motor to handle the weather.

Also I believe the Petrowskes run duck hunts later in the season on some rice fields.

As far as hunting the reservation you can hunt the rez with all state and fed licenses, a tribal license and a band member guide. However most of that is done down in the Keywahsay (sp?) area towards Clearbrook on the rice fields.

As far as the burning of vehicles and other comments give me a break. Yes bad things happen on the reservation however with a guide and following their rules your more likely to have something happen in the metro then the reservation. For those that do not know the reservation does have seasons and limits in place and CO's to enforce those regulations.

For more information on hunting the reservation call the Red Lake DNR at 218-679-3959 or the Red Lake COnservation Officers at 218-679-3313.

I belive the tribal license is $50.00.

You will not be allowed to hunt on the Lower Red Lake or on tribal side of URL but there are a ton of other areas.

Drift- If I were to hunt on the rez for geese on some fields I could get permission from for the early goose season... I can get a tribal license for whatever fee? If so, does this take some kind of process to get the license? Thanks.

Just contact teh Red Lake DNR and get a tribal license, then ask who they recommend for a guide. I know Gary Sargent used to guide for geese.

Several of the band members up there are very good voice callers and do not use a conventional call of any sort.

If the DNR does not have an current guide list call the Red Lake Co's they can give you names of some folks.

Just remember that your in their world and be respectful and you will have a good time.