• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just to get your mouth watering.

BobT

I found a venison tenderloin in my freezer today. Yeah, how did it stay there this long? Anyway we had some fresh corn on the cob so I soaked it for a couple hours and put the venison in a marinade of garlic powder, onion powder, and Dale's Seasoning.

Fired up the grill and I'll tell you what. Those tenderloins were so tender you could cut them with a fork. I am not exaggerating either. Just ask my daughters. That was goooood!

How long till November?

Bob

For the venison I mixed a marinade of garlic powder, onion powder, and Dale's Seasoning.

The corn I soaked in water to saturate the husks so they wouldn't ignite on the grill.

If you've never grilled corn this way, give it a try. Just submerge the ears in water for about an hour or so and put them on the grill. They'll be done in about 15-20 minutes. The husks will get very dark burned but the corn inside will be just fine. The moisture helps steam the corn and that's partly how it gets done so quick. The biggest problem is that they are hot for removing the husks.

Bob

I bowhunted for a few years. I found that it coincides with too many other options (pheasants, goose, grouse, fall fishing, crop harvest, fall tillage) for me and with kids and such takes too much of my time.

I enjoyed it but found it too difficult to get out regularly.

Bob

Wow thanks for the thread. Heading up to vermillion tomorrow and this thread made me go check the freezer. The menu for trip is the result.

Day 1. Pheasant Wraps (I pound the breasts flat and spread onion and chive cream cheese on them. Add some onions in some peppers in others and season to taste. Roll up wrap with bacon and grill them up) Corn on the cob grilled. Camp potatoes.

Day 2. Breakfast will include Venison Maple Sausage. For dinner we will fill the crockpot with Venison polish sausage ,saurkraut and graden fresh baby reds.

Day 3. Venison Back strap marinated and grilled with some grilled asparagus and mashed baby reds and garlic.

Day 4. The plan is to catch a fish or two.

I am sure none of this would have been thought of without this thread. smile Thank You!! smile