• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weather Pattern for Moving Big Fish

Did anybody get out and fish before the front moved in? Hotpocket and I both put a muskie in the boat. Both were on the same Spot 10 mins apart. The first one hotpocket landed was a FAT 41" and the second one i landed was a 40" . Good time to be on the lake. water temp was on the drop. Got off the lake just in time.

Yep, had two monster top water blow ups. Both times there was the erruption of the fish with my lure popped 3-4 feet in the air suspended above it. That is now four top water hits and misses all on straight line retreve lures and i know on 3 of them i continued to reel. I pride my self on staying calm with top waters...:)

Steffanf-Question for you, do they have interships at DTN/Meteorligix? If it is easier for you my email is [email protected], Thank you.

Got an email from a friend who went out in Ottertail Co. as the front was approaching. They caught three, including two mid 40s, in an hour. All on DCGs. I hope to make the front this weekend, but on standby for my company in case Gustav cranks up in the Gulf. TCHP values are high in the loop current, but about 3 degrees further south lat. than Katrina setup (25N vs 28N) so hopefully will see weakening before landfall. Checkout the HWRF model at 120-126 hrs and see if you can count the isobars! I imagine this would cause the fish to bite!

hwrf_pcp_126l.gif