• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aug 16th GTG

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Headofthelakes looks like the prefect spot...Tami...have you called them yet? Do any of our sponsors have places there that we should be supporting?

Alright I'll call them when I get home. Hopefully that will work.

I think Headofthelakes looks like the prefect spot...Tami...have you called them yet? Do any of our sponsors have places there that we should be supporting?

Midway Beach Resort and Campground is a sponsor.

that looks nice too......why don't you send them a note and see if they would match the rate we had for our last get together or what they would do for a group....it's worth asking.

Hopefully Wanda and I can at least make a day trip up there that weekend if you guys end up choosing Osakis. The gills are usually going pretty good with the potential for some real dandies in the 1 lb range and if a person would like to troll cranks in the evening the eyes should cooperate as well.

I usually put the boat in not too far away from the resort.

I sent an email to Idlewilde Resort this morning. Their HSOforum shows they have 3 tent sites available. I gave them the link to this topic as well.

Will we want to rent a boat or pontoon again?

We should start getting a list of names together so that we know how many of us there will be - especially for how much room we will need to set up camp.

So far it looks like we will have your boat and mine and Tami's yak. Unless we get a larger group, we should be okay. Unless the group decides they want to rent a toon for part of the day. I am in for sure.

Love the avatar Char!!!

I am in, I am open to anything rent or not, I just can't wait.

I spent the weekend with my middle niece and we got the apartment put together and had some fun in the pool. Hopefully I can get out fishing next weekend.

Hope

I'm interested in going but still need to verify a couple of things here. Do you camp Fri. or Sat.? or both? If I make it I can bring my boat. Its only a 14 ft(how big is the lake?) so probably 3 at the most but if its windy it may be tough to use at all. And then there's the other thing...I just got it and haven't actually handled it yet. Hopefully I'll have some more experience by then but someone who knows what they're doing should be in the boat.

I'll let you know if I can make it.

Patti

Patti - yes to camping both fri and sat. Yes bring your boat, I can help out with that, I'll have you launcing, driving and loading like a pro by the end of the weekend. smile

OK Ladies - this is the response that I received back from Idlewilde Resort regarding camping. I will contact them again later today and let them know we want the sites.

Hi Char,

Yes we have tent camping, we can put you all down in front by the lake, the cost is $30 per tent per night so with tax your looking at around $64 per tent for the weekend.

Thanks Susie

This is who I have so far that will be there:

reelemin

LisaTealz

Iambjm

teresa

hopeforfish

muskybait

Patti

FishNovice101

Right now that's eight of us. How many tents? As you know, my tent is quite large, and I can fit 3-4 comfortably. Sorry Teresa, no cats in my tent (allergies you know). We should figure out how that's gonna work.

Ill check to see if we can pull in a trailer down on the tent sites and let you all know.

OK everyone - I just talked to Susie up at Idlewilde.

We can bring in the trailers, but the sites on the lake only have one plug for electric. So she moved us to the designated camping area and booked us for three spots. It's not directly on the lake. Take a look at their HSOforum, resort layout.

They do not have a boat landing at the resort - it is about 4 blocks away. It costs $20.00 per day per boat to dock our boat there, because they get put up on a lift each night. Or we can just take the boats out each time. I don't mind doing that.

Woo Hoo !!!! I think we're getting there.