Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yellowhead

metro locations for yellowheaded black birds?

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can find Yellowhead blackbirds in metro area. I need to get some photos. There used to be a colony on spring lake (Scott county) but I didn't see any last time I was there.

Yellowhead, thanks for signing up! Great to have you on HSO/FM and the bird watching board.

Yellow-headed blackbirds may be common in some parts of the metro, but they feed primarily on an invertebrate that needs pretty clean water, so it can be hit or miss.

Someone will no doubt chime in with a few exact locations pretty soon.

I've seen some out by Silver Lake. I don't remeber what time of year it was so they may have just been passing thru. None by me, I know that for sure.

Does anyone know where I can find Yellowhead blackbirds in metro area. I need to get some photos. There used to be a colony on spring lake (Scott county) but I didn't see any last time I was there.

I've seen them on Spring lake this year next to prior lake as well as Cedar Lake and Fish lake just south of there.

98034209.jpg

98034204.jpg

Good luck.... be sure and let us know how you did.

I have seen them on Forest lake. Lake three by the public access there is some catails that are surrounded with water. I have seen them there before.

Good luck,

Dave

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• You eat bass and you're going to rip on some grapefruit Shandy? Your self-righteousness knows no bounds.
    • let us know when there weren't racial tensions.
    • I was thinking the same thing, but when I don't see it listed with the features I don't want to go off my own assumption. I sent Tebben a couple emails 2 days ago and hadn't heard anything yet.  I'll give Berkon a try and see what they say.
    • There is a side bi-fold ramp that is similar to the one in the back. He had an aluminum "blank" made to fit in its place so that he could use it as a regular trailer if needed. He still has the ramp and it bolts in when you need it by removing the blank. Not the same brand, but would look similar to this with the side ramp installed...

• Strange, there were racial tensions in 1992, i wonder if there's a coinsidence... Clinton model of divide and conquer.
    • Just remember, for every 1 wackjob chiro there's probably 10 surgeons that don't give a rip about you unless they're able to get surgery approved.  Meaning their advise and prescribed narcotics/injections will eventually lead you to a pay day.  We can't be so naive now folks, but let's all dive into this one case and attempt to destroy the practice while we turn a shoulder to the other, that happens WAY more often.    That number of 10-1 is pretty light by the way.
    • Just for reference, Clinton was elected in 1992 and took office in January 1993. 
    • Sorry I forgot to add, I didn't build on this one, already came built so the brakes were on already. (I built my last one however) But I did look at the Berkon frames before I bought because I was going to build again myself and pretty sure that they had the brakes already. (At least the ones I looked at in their catalog) But I feel like any brand at that size should come with the brakes already, since a 20' house is going to go over the 3k limit.
    • Thanks for the reply trav102, the Berkon frame looks pretty similar to the Tebben and it looks like they do galvanized trailers pretty regularly. Did yours come with trailer brakes?  Or is that something I'd have to add on myself if I go over 3000#?
    • Do the sides in the front come off For your ramps your do they drop down and you use your own? 
  • Our Sponsors