• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

metro locations for yellowheaded black birds?

Yellowhead

Does anyone know where I can find Yellowhead blackbirds in metro area. I need to get some photos. There used to be a colony on spring lake (Scott county) but I didn't see any last time I was there.

Yellowhead, thanks for signing up! Great to have you on HSO/FM and the bird watching board.

Yellow-headed blackbirds may be common in some parts of the metro, but they feed primarily on an invertebrate that needs pretty clean water, so it can be hit or miss.

Someone will no doubt chime in with a few exact locations pretty soon.

Does anyone know where I can find Yellowhead blackbirds in metro area. I need to get some photos. There used to be a colony on spring lake (Scott county) but I didn't see any last time I was there.

I've seen them on Spring lake this year next to prior lake as well as Cedar Lake and Fish lake just south of there.

98034209.jpg

98034204.jpg

Good luck.... be sure and let us know how you did.