• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hybrid bass in Nokomis?

tom_w

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading this series of posts, I'm thinking there's enough bass fans living near Nokomis to start a weekly neighborhood fishing club/league/etc. Say, Thursday nights? Anyone interested? E-mail me at greghuff at mac.com. I've got room for 2 in my boat.

So is there a new strain of bass in Nokomis?

Medium mouth Bass. smile I knew with the airlines dumping fuel and stuff over the lake after all these years something strange would Happen. smile

Or is it the mysterious wallbass from the conservation liscense plates?

The world may never know.

Well, I live a block away and have fished it 3-4 times, but I have never caught a largemouth out of there. Granted I haven't used plastics in that lake, usually casting something bigger that both muskies and bass would hit. Not a huge fan of the lake, but I'd get out there w/ some other boats sometime. Maybe learn a thing or 2 about the lake.

There are some good bass in there. Not great numbers, but it can be good. It's nice to go out after the kids are asleep and catch 3 bass. The occasional muskie makes it cool.

I'm in ... maybe we shoudln't limit ourselves just to Nokomis, but still stay in the city (Nokomis, Calhoun, Harriet) etc. -- places we can hit after work/dinner and get home in time to not get in too much hot water at home! Say ... call it the City Limits Club ... pun intended ...

Lazy Ike

I might not be able to do a club or league or anything, but I fish Nokomis all the time. Would love to compare notes with some of you guys. The bass have been on a tear lately... My wife and I were out last night and wound up catching five bucketmouths, the biggest being about 12". Not a bad way to spend a Sunday evening in the neighborhood.

benandhisbeard at hotmail, if you want to swap info.

Lets try to get out on Nokmis sometime this week. Tuesday and Thursday work best for me. How 'bout you fellas? Either of those days work better than the other?

HuskerBen ... are you a transplanted Nebraskan? A Minnesota-born Husker fan? I'm a Nebraska transplant ... been up here 11 years now. Still root for the Huskers though!

OK, back to the fishing ... did you find those bass deep in open water, or in the weedline closer to the shore?

I could prolly hit it on Thursday evening. Have to check with the wife.

LazyIke- Yup, born and raised in Nebraska. Moved here 8 years ago, but I still bleed red. I'm from South Sioux... you?

The bass I've been getting have all been from shore, in fairly shallow water (4'). It's been mostly a dusk bite for me, with a few of the nicer ones coming just after dark. I've had good success with floating raps, leeches, and I had one the other night on a texas-rigged worm.

Husker Ben,

r.e. "check with the wife"

Yeah, me too. I'm good to go for Thursday.

I have a 16-foot run about that I've made as fishing-friendly as possible -- I hook a transom-mount MotorGuide to a home-made bracket on the bow. I'll volunteer my boat unless someone else has something better suited to a bassin' excursion.

Looks like Husker Ben and Tom W. are in ... Aaron lives nearby too, and maybe a few others ... Anyone else in? If we get above four, we'll need another boat volunteer, i suppose.

What time can everyone meet over by the launch? I'm good for 6-10:30ish. I could probably even hit Buster's after for one ... or two.

The more the merrier ... maybe with our combined wisdom we can find a successful pattern. So far for me, they have not been where i found them last year at this time on Nokomis.

Regards,

lazy ike

www.lazyikeband.com

I'm good to go for Thursday. Anytime after 4:30pm or so is good with me, and I've been authorized by my wife to stay out past dark. I'll pick up a couple dozen leeches and crawlers. If I could tag along in one of the boats, that'd be great. Otherwise, I can bring my canoe.

LazyIke- yeah, I try to get to Sensers at least a few times a season. I'll for sure be there for the opener and the Virginia Tech game. GBR!

Ben

ps- Buster's would be a great way to end the evening, whether we're celebrating or drowning our sorrows.

Hey fellas,

Meet you at the launch at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday. I have a 16-foot white and blue Ebko Cimarron open-bow runabout attached to a gold Ford Explorer. I understand Tom W. will be there in his boat with his boy. Husker Ben can hop in with me. I would be comfortable with one more in my boat, if anyone else is interested.

Last summer I did well on the southeast side of the lake, but I zeroed the last time out two weeks ago (8-11 p.m.), so I'm open to all suggestions.

lazyike

Well, I might be in for getting out on Thursday. My parents are in town, so I had planned on getting my dad out at least twice while he's here. Might be a nice relaxing night, but I can't guarantee I'd be there at this point yet. Just got back from a trip and haven't had time to figure out a schedule for the week/weekend. Either way, if I came I'd be in my boat (16.5' Polarkraft - tan/black) with my dad along. I'll keep an eye out for you guys if I can make it! Would love to figure out some sort of successful pattern there.

I think I can take the boy in back with me, so someone can take the front. The boy may not do well (behaviorally), but I think he should. He's been doing better.

Perhaps I'll be there before 5:00 just to try for a decent parking spot. There may be softball tonight.