Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wish-I-Were-Fishn

H2Oc & Navionics question

12 posts in this topic

Bought a Navionics chip for my H2Oc but can't get it to zoom any closer then 1/8 mile. Is there something wrong here? Both of my friends have a LMS-522c and they can zoom much closer with the same chip.

hey Wishin, i just checked my H2Oc and it only goes to an 1/8 of a mile also, so i guess thats all we get.

The handhelds only go to 1/8 mile, my Fishstrike will go 1/11 ? I think or something like that.

Yeah, on my ExpeditionC, it's 1/8 nm with the Navionics chip installed, 0.02 mi with the LakeMaster chip inside.

The Nav chips will zoom in closer than 1/8 of a mile on the large screen gps units, but not on the handhelds. I haven't tried my Nav chip in my 332s yet so I don't know how far those units will zoom in on the chip.

I wish Lakemaster would resurvey Kabetogama! When they do, I'm selling my Navionics chip on hsolist! 1/8 mile is not good enough for me.

Quote:
1/8 mile is not good enough for me.

Your not doing anything wrong. If you want more detail it will have to be a new unit.

Yeah, I figured that out after I bought the chip.

Looks like I will go to next year's Sport Show trolling for a deal on a new LMS-522c.

I still find it interesting that Lakemaster can make a chip that allows me to zoom in closer with no problem. Now if they would just get out there and resurvey Kabetogama & Namankan!!

522c Great idea with all the problems with the mods not getting power. U should have little to no problems with that and it can go on the sled or wheeler come hard water.

522c Great idea with all the problems with the mods not getting power

The only problems I've heard of with modules not getting power are due to people not hooking them up correctly in the first place ...... I give a STRONG vote to external vs. internal gps ....... unless you want the internal because of mounting issues or like you say wanting to use it for ice fishing, etc.

Yes most are due to user aire. Or maybe they could give better rigging instructions? LOL 520 Is a better unit when they are run side by side from what feed back im getting from the pro's that come in. Never heard of a problem with a Bird yet Have you?

I've got the bird 797 external gps along side my 334 internal gps. Never lost a signal on the 797, but go under any bridge and the 334 looses it bearings, and turn the wrong way or lots of clouds and it fades in and out. Still no problems with the bird.