• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'tonka

JRedig

So i'm gonna drag my boat to work with me and hit tonka for the first time tomorrow night. Sick of hauling arse through traffic home to St. Paul grabbing the boat and gear and trying to get to WBL in a reasonable time frame.

I'm just gonna go put in at Gray's Bay, nice and easy to get too.

I have an open seat in a small'ish boat, anyone wanna go?

-Jeff

what time you wanna put on the water? I just got my very own first muskie gear today in the mail, kinda excited to try out the new toys... I get off work at 5:30 in St. Paul, not sure if that'd crimp your style - or if having a relative newbie is cool with you (only one ski under my belt)

anyhoo, my email is canoe_crew at hotmail dot com

I get off work at 5pm, i'll be fishing by 5:30 at the latest. My work is less than 5 minutes from the launch.

You're welcome to come along goblueM, but you're gonna hit the same traffic that i'm trying to avoid driving from St. Paul to Wayzata at that time. Up to you! smile

Any success?

I was out today on the West end, we moved a some fish but they were not too big or active. I had one fish come in three times, the third time she was idling away from me and I came into her and she did a 180 turn, so I'm thinking she may go. Not so. Followed in and slowly peeled off.

Smaller presentations moved more fish, and I moved a few in a short time once I switched to a slow rolled spinnerbait.

Side note: The carp are unreal out there! Schools over open water and packs in the shallower water, saw tons of them, and some tanks too. Then you would hear what sounded like a roller hitting the shore only to look and see big gold fins running in 6 inches of water. Kinda cool to see really.......

Hey Chris,

I had two follows that night, one nice fish and one about an inch shorter than my Doc topwater....sure was a cute lil guy though!

Saw some HUGE carp myself, they are everywhere...

-JR