• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

All Time Personal Best CHANNEL CATFISH!

hanson

Just got started on catfishing and this one was my 3rd catfish ever. Can you say dumb luck? I didn't bring any measuring utensils but I guessed between 15 and 20 lbs. Caught on the outside bend with cut shad. One of the heaviest fights I've ever had with a fish.

101_0244-2.jpg

It's not mine, but the wife's first cat was a beast.

Didn't measure it, but the scale said 17 lbs. A nice sized chunk of cut sucker with a circle hook did the job, he was wrapped up on a log for awhile, but she kept pulling slowly until he unwrapped himself. He then proceeded to nearly pull her out of the boat. I couldn't believe how big it was when I netted it. Now she's wrecked and constantly bugs me to take her catfishing. Oh the horror, forced to go fishing again and again and again. Whatever shall I do!

cat2ea1.th.jpg

This really suckks, because I don't have a piture of my personal best a fatty from north of Grand Forks a couple years back. It weighed 27lbs on my digital scale which is pretty accurate, but of course I didn't have a camera with! frown NOW I ALWAYS HAVE ONE WITH!!!! My second best is in the low 20's from Pembina, again no camera...I have it on video, but that isn't going to help me here now is it? So here's a picture with a story...not my biggest, but who knows what could have been?

Fishing up river a few miles from Drayton,ND. After sitting at this location for only a couple minutes I hooked into this bad boy!

kitty2.jpg

The fish weighed 18lbs, but was quite skinny as you can see by the picture. If it would have had a belly, it would have easily been a 20+lb fish...but that's not the part that makes this story one of my favorites!

My brother Shayne was fishing across the river from me in his boat with his wife, and didn't have a net...me being the nice older brother, I let him use my net, so when I caught this fish I didn't have one? When the fish came boat side, I lipped it just like a big old bass! I had a sore thumb for the rest of the day, but it was worth it!!!!

Again, not my biggest, but still a picture and story worth telling...

I don't have picture of my biggest and since I know my buddy ray has yet to figure out how to post a picture on here I will post a pic of his. This was not only his biggest but the first cat he had caught.100_3117.jpg